My Long Term LDR b/f is drifting towards another..

He is in college and I live 2000 miles away right now. We love each other more than anything..We've been together since I was 13! and I'm 17 now..We're "promised" and we plan to marry when we're both out of college..and live in the same city after I graduate high school in a year and a half..Okay so..Lately, he's been going to these message boards & posting messages alot for school on this site that his class & teacher posts on. I don't know the link or I'd be seeing what he's posting..Well he said he saw this girls' post on there and agrees on a lot of her views on certian issues..and then the other day he was in the library at his college during his lunch break and was on the forum and that girl came over to him and said " oh hey I post on there alot..did u see where I posted,"...."? and he was like Omg that was u? I agree with you..and then they got to talking and lately she said she and her husband are having problems and she has been crying on his shoulder and he is supporting her..I just have a feeling they're going to start liking each other..and he'll be there for her when they get a divorce..he's very very very very attractive and since he's in college Im afraid he'll think with his penis and go for it..and I wont' be there to stop it. Do you think he could drift over to her and leave me..or if I can stop it..or am I just being too paranoid? He's never really broken a promise..but for some reason my instinct tells me something bad is about to happen..and I just can't live without him..I'm not complete without him..can someone plz post back..Jeez I feel so depressed.:(

Worried7,

I'm sorry you are depressed because as I am sure everyone will agree... it's one of the worst feelings EVER. What should you do?

First off, believe in him. If you can't trust him then you two will have serious issues in the future. What to do about this situation? Show sympathy (or apathy) for his new friend. You want to remind your boyfriend that you are his mature, sensitive, kind/sweet/nice girlfriend that will always be there with him.

Like they say, "Keep your friends close. and your enemies closer."

--- I tried my best. My advice might be completely useless...

Good luck and best wishes

• Author

Thankyou 4 replying..Now that its been a few days things are clearing up..and maybe in a couple of weeks things will get even better..I'll make sure to keep you posted!

I have recently been becoming very close to a girl at Uni, and yesterday found out that she is having an LDR with a guy in her home town, about 200 miles away (http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t71857/)

One of my main concerns is that, as well as fearing ruining our friendship by getting too close, I also don't really want to "steal" a girl from another guy - I'm not that sort of person.

However, I can associate with your partners "friend" in that, if she's feeling a bit lonley/depressed she might want to develop the friendship a bit further. Thus far we've not gone further than cuddling together while watching a film, which I don't think either of us consider to be doing any harm (I know I certainly don't).

One of the bits of advice that I was given on this forum was that the girl in my case is probably also feeling lonely away from her boyfriend, and is looking for some sort of substitute - perhaps this is the case for your boyfriend?

Aww i dont blme you for feeling sad, this is hard :( LDR needs sooooo much trust, more so then a "normal" relationship because you are not always with them and cant see what they are doing. But if you want it to work you have to just trust him. If i was you id just tell him how i feel, tell him you are scared. Im sure hed be nice about it? And if he isnt, or if things do happen with this other girl, well..life goes on and you WILL survive without him nomatter how awful that sounds now. I say let him know how youre feeling.

Good luck! :)

• Author

It's been a few days he hasn't even brought up her name again. Everything is all cleared up but if I'm wrong I'll make sure and post back to let you all know! :) I'm so relieved..I love this guy more than anything. I don't know what I was thinking about him leaving me or cheating..I just see it happen every day and even though I love him it's difficult..especially being 2000 miles away and with him being in college..but I realize now our relationship is stronger than that and I'm just a paranoid girlfriend b/c I love him so much.

Love,

Worried7