Question for the women

Im picking up the woman Im dating at the airport tonight. I was thinking of picking up some flowers. Any suggestions? I was thinking roses. How many would be good? Would 3 be ok? Things are getting fairly serious if that helps with suggestions. Thanks.

I think that's a sweet idea. I'm not one to get into deep analysis about which flowers mean what or what type of flowers are for serious relationships and which are for beginning relationships. I'm more about the gesture itself.

I'm going to assume that this is the first time you've given her flowers. (???) Any number is good, IMHO. You might want to get them in her favorite color. OTOH, I think some of the more "unusual" colored roses (like the orangish ones) are really beautiful, but they have nothing to do with my favorite color. I also like the look of different colors together or different flowers together.

If money is an issue (or you just don't want to seem to be going overboard), you could get her less expensive flowers but more (in a number that signifies something important in your relationship). Let's say, you've been seeing each other for nine months, you could get her nine less expensive flowers.

Im picking up the woman Im dating at the airport tonight. I was thinking of picking up some flowers. Any suggestions? I was thinking roses. How many would be good? Would 3 be ok? Things are getting fairly serious if that helps with suggestions. Thanks.

Depends on her.. I prefer to keep it simple 1 to 3 is great in the beginning. Once the "I love you's" start A dozen for my birthday and Valentines Day is nice.

I know women if they dont get the dozen they think the guy is cheap. I see "gold digger" in that..

You are the one dating her. Ask yourself--Is she simple and humble=keep it simple and humble. If she is high maintance then you know what you gotta do..

What puts me over the top with a man is if he can personalize it. Something creative like a little note about how he sincerely feels, or something I will never forget because no one else has ever done "it" before. Be creative. *Don't freak out on this now... Don't make it more work then necessary. If you try to go over the top and she doesnt respond the way you want you will get upset and disappointed.

Is she simple or high maintenance?

• Author

Thanks for the replies! Im thinking Im just going to do 3 roses. Not sure on the color yet. Ill just decide when I get there.

Im not overthinking it or anything and Im not expecting any certain response. I just want to do something nice.

Shes pretty low maintenance and definitely not a gold digger so one rose would probably do if I wanted. I do pretty well salary-wise, but I dont show it off and she knows that so 3 should be cool.

Hey JT, thats such a sweet idea. I wish my man would have done something like that when he picked me up last week. How about a little heart chocolate to go with the flowers... they are always mad cute... and yummy to...:D

I've sent roses to men b4. The last time I did 3.

1 was white for innocense,

1 was yellow for friendship

1 was red for the fond feelings I had for him.

I always look at three as : God, you and me.

BUBBLIEBLONDE3

I Think One Red Rose Is Great...it's The Thought, Not The Number. One Mistake Men Make Is At First They Shower You With Flowers And Cards And Then We Women Tend To Expect It...not All The Time, However Most Just Stop Totally After They Think They Have Us. All The Little Special Things Like This Is Important To A Woman And Makes Her Feel Loved And Appreciated; So Don't Go Overboard.

I've sent roses to men b4. The last time I did 3.

1 was white for innocense,

1 was yellow for friendship

1 was red for the fond feelings I had for him.

I always look at three as : God, you and me.

Damn girl... thats so cute... you touched my heart...

Its funny cos i use to think about doing things like this, but somehow my man doesnt appreciate the smaller things in life... shame really!!!

jen_jen_heartbroken
I Think One Red Rose Is Great...it's The Thought, Not The Number. One Mistake Men Make Is At First They Shower You With Flowers And Cards And Then We Women Tend To Expect It...not All The Time, However Most Just Stop Totally After They Think They Have Us. All The Little Special Things Like This Is Important To A Woman And Makes Her Feel Loved And Appreciated; So Don't Go Overboard.

My boyfriend is so old fashioned and romantic. We've been dating four months and so far he's given me 32 cards and 6 bouquets of a dozen roses -- he even took the time to find out what color roses I like. I still don't "expect" them, and am just as appreciative each time. Somehow I doubt he's likely to stop...maybe slow down a bit when the stores run out of new cards...but he shows his affection in so many other ways too. I am very blessed, flowers or no flowers.