Birthday present

Hey you,

My boyfriend's birthday is coming up in 4 days, we will go on a nice vacation to the Netherlands. So far I've gotten him one of those corny hoodies, he has the "king" one, I have the "queen" one.. I know, I know.

I also made a scrapbook. I worked hard on it and am incredibly proud of it, it has all our memories, pictures, funny notes and stories. Knowing him, I know he will love those two gifts.

Is there anything else I could add? We are 2000km apart, he cried simply because he found out I am making him a present. He's not used to that and I want it to be perfect.

To me, birthdays to me are more about appreciating the person instead of spending tons on expensive gifts, do any of you have more suggestions for me? Or is this enough?

• Like 1

I’m a little lost... how long have the 2 of you been together?! If I remember correctly, in July you said it was over with your boyfriend.

• Like 1

Is this the same man you described as a child, a coward and selfish and manipulative? You also said you had ended it with him. What's changed?

• Like 1

I'm not familiar with your history. How long have you been together? Either way, I'm pretty sure I have nothing more to add, because IMO a vacation AND a hoodie AND a scrapbook is already overly much, lol. I mean, why not save one of those for Christmas?

• Like 1

It's too much - particularly as things haven't been good lately. I worry that you're trying to shower him with gifts in order to earn his affection.

• Like 1

Don't get him anything else. You have already done too much

I wish you had asked before you made the scrap book. So many women makes these things -- pour their heart & soul into them -- & the guys just don't care. You are going to be disappointed when his reaction doesn't rise to the level of your effort.

The matching cutsy sweatshirt is a bad idea too. Men hate that stuff. They do it to make us happy. So in essence on his birthday you are making him do something he doesn't want to do to make you happy. How is that a gift to him? You wasted your money. He will never wear it again. If you can take them back do it. Get him a sweatshirt with the logo of his favorite sports team.

• Like 2
Don't get him anything else. You have already done too much

I wish you had asked before you made the scrap book. So many women makes these things -- pour their heart & soul into them -- & the guys just don't care. You are going to be disappointed when his reaction doesn't rise to the level of your effort.

The matching cutsy sweatshirt is a bad idea too. Men hate that stuff. They do it to make us happy. So in essence on his birthday you are making him do something he doesn't want to do to make you happy. How is that a gift to him? You wasted your money. He will never wear it again. If you can take them back do it. Get him a sweatshirt with the logo of his favorite sports team.

you are correct d0nnivain, most guys just want a nice meal and a bj

• Like 2

hmmn to provide some balance,

Scary Panda,

I like your scrap book idea, it is a nice thoughtful gift, he is lucky to have you.

hmmn to provide some balance,

Scary Panda,

I like your scrap book idea, it is a nice thoughtful gift, he is lucky to have you.

:rolleyes:

Try buying him a gift certificate. That way, he can get what he wants with it.

maybe a gift certificate to Applebee's?

is this enough?

Hi ScaryPanda, yes.

I like the scrapbook gift you have been working on. One of my most prized possessions is a valentines painting from my sweetheart. It's a painting of Snoopy holding a heart. I'm looking at it now and thinking fondly of her. Personalized gifts mean so much.

• Like 1

I think the presents are sweet and it sounds like he is really happy to be getting something. You might want to do as someone said above and throw in a little gift certificate that he can use to buy something he wants (especially if he doesn't have much money -- if he's loaded, don't bother.)