Will this work

I need some help off the community,iam a first time poster and just need people’s honest views on my current predicament,thank you: in February 2019 a friend of mine jokingly set me up an account in Filipino Cupid curiously I viewed the website as I had never heard of it,I scrolled through up to 30 pages no one interested me as majority of the women looked desperate pouting and posing,

I came across a profile of a woman from malabon city,age 26 and just a natural beauty,no make up or beauty products needed,as I was not a full member I could not message her directly But noticed she had a rather obscure name,so Facebook came in handy,I sent her a friend request and 2 days later she accepted and asked if I was from Filipino Cupid as she saw my profile and had tried to message me but was unable to do so (out of the thousands of profiles we tried to contact each other and couldn’t) we started talking on Facebook just getting to know each other from 10pm to 4am every night,

she soon professed her love to me (initially a red flag for me) but strangely I just had a connection with this lady,out of suspicion I set up a fake Facebook profile,low and behold she said the same things to the fake Facebook user and even said he might be better than me,anyway I confronted her on this their were many tears and sorrys,she had a reason apparently,her reason because she didnt know the foreigners intentions,I gave her another chance,

2 more months passed and we would again talk 10pm-4am and she works at 9am everyday as a shop assistant in a boutique in Manila,I was browsing through her Facebook and noticed a comment from last year April 2018 which indicated she stayed with a foreigner in a hotel with her friends,I confronted her on this,she was honest at first and said he took them all out for a meal at a restaurant and went back to hotel,her 3 friends stayed in the queen sized bed with her and the foreigner in a single bed,now at this point I was really sceptical over this story and pressed her on it,

I asked her if she slept with the foreigner she said yes sleep as in sleep in same bed,now this was the first point she tripped up on her lie because initially she said they slept in separate beds,after a lot of arguments and defensiveness from her she came clean and said her and her friends all had s*x with the foreigner,she said he was 40 and gave me the name,well a quick search on google revealed he was a well off Australian/Indian project manager who had 32 years work experience,

so I mentioned this to her and said oh he must of started employment when he was 8,I found out his true age he is 62,she said he bought them all nice gifts and it was her first time she ever that,bear in mind she had told me previously she had only ever had s*x with an ex boyfriend but now their was the revelation for me to deal with of her prostituting herself even she was adamant she is not one,again lots of tears saying the reason she didn’t tell me about her past is because I would judge her and scared I would move on,

she just wants to forget and find love which she insists she has done with me,iv given her a final chance and said any more lies,deceit or mistrust then I walk,Problem is I love this woman with all my heart but worry my heart is overtaking my mind and the power to think and make decisions rationally,we video call and message all the time still,I have talked about going over to stay but she insists on not staying at her parents house because I won’t sleep comfortably and she is ashamed of where she lives,

iv seen pictures of the house and know she lives in a poverty stricken area of malabon city,I just need peoples honest honest views am I being played here for free ticket to uk or has she been so secretive about her life because she really is ashamed and wants to forget,I’m 35 she is 26,she has never asked for money or gifts either and has given me access passwords for all social media platforms,

please help I’m at breaking point with it all,thank you

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

She's a liar & you know that. Especially since you haven't met, you can't trust a word she says.

You don't love her. You haven't met her yet. You have no idea who she actually is. You are infatuated with who you have created her to be in your mind.

Proceed with extreme caution. You're getting played.

The Outlaw

You're in love with an person that may not actually exist. It's the internet. It's probably a façade. An act. Just because you've talked to her via FB messenger doesn't mean you know her, because you've never met her face to face. There's a difference. And just because she hasn't asked you for anything doesn't mean she won't. Sure, she could be legit, but it's best to not get your hopes up. Scammers pray on people's emotions and loneliness to get what they want. And if she is, she's got you right where she wants you. Use caution.

• Author
You're in love with an person that may not actually exist. It's the internet. It's probably a façade. An act. Just because you've talked to her via FB messenger doesn't mean you know her, because you've never met her face to face. There's a difference. And just because she hasn't asked you for anything doesn't mean she won't. Sure, she could be legit, but it's best to not get your hopes up. Scammers pray on people's emotions and loneliness to get what they want. And if she is, she's got you right where she wants you. Use caution.

Thank you both for your input and advice,We have talked on the phone and by video call numerous times,she wants me to come over or iv suggested a tourist visa to the uk which enables her to stay for up to 6 months,

iv offered to cover all costs however she is not happy about this and says she doesn’t want my money or pity,should I overlook her past though? This is what I’m finding hardest to deal with because in my heart of hearts I think she has sold herself many times,no actual proof but some things she says just don’t add up,so I’m in a situation where on the one hand I’m thinking she wants to better herself and move on from her past and maybe settle down and have a family like she’s suggested,but on the other hand I then think it’s purely to get s free ticket to Europe,

im not a lonely guy I have a powerful circle of friends,a great social life and many female friends,but just of late iam starting to feel withdrawn and worn out in my body,soul and mind over this,should I just end it and save the heart break for us both or fight for the potential love of my life,my mental health is slowly deteriorating over this,thank you.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
The Outlaw

It's best to just air on the side of caution. You will be far better off meeting women locally over women over the internet. Not only is it safer that way, but again, you have absolutely no idea if she's even legit or if she's even a woman. Anyone can put up a profile picture and create the ultimate fake profile to lure unsuspecting people in, and from that point forward, they'll tell you what they feel you want to hear, and they've got you. Keep your wits about you and think about this seriously.

You are right to listen to that portion of your gut that tells you she's been around.

She told you a bunch of lies before you dragged out of her that she basically had an orgy with some older tourist with a bunch of her young friends. That sounds like an arrangement for pay to me.

If you insist on continuing, you go there. Do not pay for her to come to you. Be very careful that she doesn't drug you & have her pimp steal your money

She's a liar and it sounds like she's likely a prostitute of some ilk. That's why she's flattering all the guys. She's looking for money, golddigging. Move on.

• Author

You have all clarified my original fears:( but I had to hear it from a different source, I have trawled through all her social media pages and it all seems legit,she has even given me the passwords which I was uncomfortable with,but then this maybe a ploy to fool me into thinking she has nothing to hide when I’m reality she could be using other means of communication to contact people,she has told me to stop mentioning the past as it is just that and I’m her future,but the whole story of the hotel meet is just screaming red flag for me,is everyone of the opinion that the hotel meet up wasn’t a one off and she has probably done this numerous times before,My heart is with her but my head isn’t and the gut is screaming to run like hell,but I’m finding it hard to do so.

ExpatInItaly

OP, you cannot be this naive or desperate.

You know she's full of malarkey. Whether or not you choose to be foolish and proceed anyway is up to you, but do so knowing that she lies. A lot.

There is probably also much more you have not yet discovered. She has only confessed to what she cannot possibly deny in the face of evidence.

Personally, I think you are lonely for female company and are acting against your better judgment because you have a fantasy in your mind of the love story you believe this is. But it's not a love story, man. You need to wake up before you get very hurt or scammed.

• Like 1

A screaming like hell gut isn't a good sign with any woman.

But maybe you better listen to this one she sounds very very dicey.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thank you everyone for your valued comments,opinions and take on the matter,iv now broke it off with her,their was a lot of tears from her,whether these are true showings of her emotion or just part of the scam I just don’t know,I’ve apparently broke her heart because she wanted a family and a better life with me,maybe i just got swept up in the moment and let my guard down and she’s exploited this,but thank you to all for the advice,you’ve saved me a lot of potential emotional pain.

• Author

UPDATE: she has contacted me and has shown me a screenshot of her bank account,her current employment slip and also a hotel reservation she has booked for me today to go stay next month for 10 days,she’s cleaned out her entire savings to do this because she wants to prove she’s no scammer,she has admitted to that one hotel meet and said she did it for her brothers education and is extremely ashamed :( my question to the community is: does this now sound genuine or are my organs at risk:p serious though,thank you.

Edited by Jonsey35

I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole.

Sounds like you can't leave it alone.

You will get to take what comes with this.

Thank you everyone for your valued comments,opinions and take on the matter,iv now broke it off with her,their was a lot of tears from her,whether these are true showings of her emotion or just part of the scam I just don’t know,I’ve apparently broke her heart because she wanted a family and a better life with me,maybe i just got swept up in the moment and let my guard down and she’s exploited this,but thank you to all for the advice,you’ve saved me a lot of potential emotional pain.

All scamming women do a LOT of crying. That's how they get sympathy and lure guys in. The two worst women I know were crying on some guy's shoulder nearly every time I laid eyes on them. Both were horrible scammers. One ended up in jail for credit card fraud and amongst her victims was her own child and husband, besides strangers. They cry because men think that means they're sincere! Women can see right through that. AND they all have big sob stories to make guys want to help them. I see yours does as well.

It's a load of BS. Block her.

ExpatInItaly
UPDATE: she has contacted me and has shown me a screenshot of her bank account,her current employment slip and also a hotel reservation she has booked for me today to go stay next month for 10 days,she’s cleaned out her entire savings to do this because she wants to prove she’s no scammer,she has admitted to that one hotel meet and said she did it for her brothers education and is extremely ashamed :( my question to the community is: does this now sound genuine or are my organs at risk:p serious though,thank you.

No, it does not sound genuine.

You have no clue if anything she has shown you today is real. It is very easy to draw up fake documents, especially with the technology available to us today. But you do already know that she is not to be trusted and that you are likely but one of a few men she's trying to use as a stepping stone to a better life.

She has never met you, OP. No woman in her right mind who is actually marriage material is going to start talking about love and marriage and kids without ever having spent time with you in the flesh. That is enough of a red flag in an of itself, setting aside the history of prostitution and lying for a moment.

Why are you trying so hard to look for reasons to stick around this mess? You don't even know this person.

• Author
No, it does not sound genuine.

You have no clue if anything she has shown you today is real. It is very easy to draw up fake documents, especially with the technology available to us today. But you do already know that she is not to be trusted and that you are likely but one of a few men she's trying to use as a stepping stone to a better life.

She has never met you, OP. No woman in her right mind who is actually marriage material is going to start talking about love and marriage and kids without ever having spent time with you in the flesh. That is enough of a red flag in an of itself, setting aside the history of prostitution and lying for a moment.

Why are you trying so hard to look for reasons to stick around this mess? You don't even know this person.

Just can’t believe iv been so naive and taken in,I like to consider myself an excellent judge of character,but when your mind is exploited maybe you just don’t see the plain god damn obvious others do, I checked out her Facebook messages and one was to her brothers friend who works at the same hotel she had supposedly booked for me,basically it says to create a false reservation for the thick western boy :confused: and in the last few hours she has messaged me saying the family have a cash flow problem as the sister who works overseas in Kuwait hasn’t sent money back (major red flag issue even for me the thick western boy) she couldn’t get transport to work and the family have hunger issues, I have not and WILL not send money,Jeezes she’s seen me coming hasn’t she, but I’m now going to play along with her whole fairytale and tell her i will accept her offer and fly out next month with a lot of spending money to take her out to expensive restaurants,buy her luxury gifts and offer to pay for marriage visa,I’ll break the tragic news to her when she’s at the airport waiting for me,play the b*tch at her own game:) thank you again everyone,amazing people.

Edited by Jonsey35
ExpatInItaly
Just can’t believe iv been so naive and taken in,I like to consider myself an excellent judge of character,but when your mind is exploited maybe you just don’t see the plain god damn obvious others do, I checked out her Facebook messages and one was to her brothers friend who works at the same hotel she had supposedly booked for me,basically it says to create a false reservation for the thick western boy :confused: and in the last few hours she has messaged me saying the family have a cash flow problem as the sister who works overseas in Kuwait hasn’t sent money back (major red flag issue even for me the thick western boy) she couldn’t get transport to work and the family have hunger issues, I have not and WILL not send money,Jeezes she’s seen me coming hasn’t she, but I’m now going to play along with her whole fairytale and tell her i will accept her offer and fly out next month with a lot of spending money to take her out to expensive restaurants,buy her luxury gifts and offer to pay for marriage visa,I’ll break the tragic news to her when she’s at the airport waiting for me,play the b*tch at her own game:) thank you again everyone,amazing people.

Why bother?

Look, you need to take some accountability here. Rather than play childish games, take a look at your own willingness to keep in contact with her even after seeing the red flags you already have. She can't play you without your participation, so before you go trying to serve up a taste of her own medicine, keep in mind that you are responsible for your own choices. Not her. Playing eye-for-an-eye isn't really going to do anything for you but keep you involved in a game you're not that good at to begin with. It's not worth the risk.

Just cut her off and be done with it. Work on yourself more, so you can better understand why you let yourself get wrapped up in a cyber romance. You say you're a good judge of character, so what the heck happened here? That is where I would put your energy, not in taking revenge of some woman who is clearly a lot more experienced at this than you are and will just move on the next guy anyway.

• Like 1

Don't tell her anything of the sort. For all you know about the law where she lives those promises could be viewed as a contract. The more access you give her the more that could possibly enable her to steal your identity. I'd change every password, especially banking ones & have a professional scrub all of you hardware including your phone for key stroke loggers & other data mining software.

Yes, she saw you coming. But now that you figured this out without losing a lot of money, you can break things off cleanly.

Be done with her. Date locally. If you find her ethnicity attractive find an enclave of that nationality that lives near you & spend time there.

Going forward if you foolishly insist on trolling these foreign bride sites your new mantra must be everyone on there is a scammer until proven otherwise & you don't know then until you have met several times.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author
Don't tell her anything of the sort. For all you know about the law where she lives those promises could be viewed as a contract. The more access you give her the more that could possibly enable her to steal your identity. I'd change every password, especially banking ones & have a professional scrub all of you hardware including your phone for key stroke loggers & other data mining software.

Yes, she saw you coming. But now that you figured this out without losing a lot of money, you can break things off cleanly.

Be done with her. Date locally. If you find her ethnicity attractive find an enclave of that nationality that lives near you & spend time there.

Going forward if you foolishly insist on trolling these foreign bride sites your new mantra must be everyone on there is a scammer until proven otherwise & you don't know then until you have met several times.

UPDATE: I flew out and we finally met,scammer couldn’t be further from the truth,she is an amazing woman,works hard and I am yet to encounter any red flags, I’m currently staying with her family,applying for a long term visa and the plan is to work within her fathers business,I only have to contribute a small amount for food & rent, my business & interests are looked after in the u.k. so I’m just gonna see where this journey takes me,one life you got to live it.

Go read your own post # 1 again. It was chock full of red flags & scams. She told you she loved you & she told the fake FB profile she made the same thing. She admitted that she had an orgy with older tourists for money.

You're gonna get fleeced. Be careful. Stop thinking with your little head & start using your brain.

• 2 months later...
  • Author
Go read your own post # 1 again. It was chock full of red flags & scams. She told you she loved you & she told the fake FB profile she made the same thing. She admitted that she had an orgy with older tourists for money.

You're gonna get fleeced. Be careful. Stop thinking with your little head & start using your brain.

Like to update everyone,I’m now happily engaged to this woman and she’s expecting.

Haaaa , that was fast , well all l can say now is l wish you the very best and lots of happiness. Hope it works out for you man .

Interesting thread,

I understand in general the filipinos tend to be loyal to their man,

they also are hard workers and make excellent nurses.

I imagine if you can continue to keep her sweet and are happy to support her, it should work out ok for you,

an acquaintance of mine went out to the Philippines recently and has brought a young lady back with a view to marriage,:)

we will observe with interest.

Edited by Foxhall
Like to update everyone,I’m now happily engaged to this woman and she’s expecting.
I hope you'll ask for DNA test before recognizing the child as your own. Because once you do, it'll be very hard to impossible to go back. And you'll give them both free access to a UK passport/citizenship.

Just remember how she tried to scam you multiple times. And when you offered to have a stay in the UK, she turned it down. You've been completely brainwashed. Talk to a lawyer in the UK and ask about your rights on the baby depending on whether she delivers in the UK or in the Philippines.

Check if she's on here:

https://romancescamsnow.com/dating-scams/more-philippines-scammers/

Then have a look at the following websites:

https://www.philippinepi.com/blog/philippines-marriage-fraud-avoid-it/

https://www.philippinepi.com/blog/philippines-marriage-scams/

If anything looks bright in your eyes, good luck!