LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Long-Distance Relationships

Cut all Ties or Proceed with FWB

Long-Distance Relationships Coping with geographical distance can make or break a LDR. Share your experiences and questions here.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd March 2019, 7:36 AM   #1

Cut all Ties or Proceed with FWB

Hello, Everyone. Last night my LDR Girlfriend broke it off with me. Due to distance. I'm kinda lost for words, a bit upset.

I had a holiday booked to go see her. Non refundable. In June. She's happy for that to happen and be FWB while there no matter what.

However my question is people. If you were In my shoes. Would you accept this offer and just be friends for the time being?
OR would you cut all ties and just do it alone?

Appreciate all advice. Sorry if it sounds soft.

Also what should I do now?
Mrgunner3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2019, 7:41 AM   #2
Established Member

No, I would not want to be downgraded to a FWB from a relationship with someone I really cared about. It would be hurtful and not good for my self esteem.

If it's over, it's over. Clean break.
Finding my way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2019, 7:56 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finding my way View Post
No, I would not want to be downgraded to a FWB from a relationship with someone I really cared about. It would be hurtful and not good for my self esteem.

If it's over, it's over. Clean break.
I agree. Ill go on my own and relax.
Old 2nd March 2019, 10:47 AM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgunner3 View Post
I had a holiday booked to go see her. Non refundable. In June.
No, I wouldn't see her, but I would "sight see" in that city. Can you research "points of interest"??

You can certainly "adventure" in her city, without seeing her. Take pictures!!

I had one "long distance relationship". It was about a 5 hour drive and there were "points of interest" along the way (off the main highway). When I went to see her, I would always plan a little diversion and sight see on the way home.
Old 2nd March 2019, 11:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Lemming View Post
No, I wouldn't see her, but I would "sight see" in that city. Can you research "points of interest"??

You can certainly "adventure" in her city, without seeing her. Take pictures!!

I had one "long distance relationship". It was about a 5 hour drive and there were "points of interest" along the way (off the main highway). When I went to see her, I would always plan a little diversion and sight see on the way home.

Yes this is a good idea.
Old 2nd March 2019, 12:12 PM   #6
Established Member

So what happens when you go on this trip and she has a change on mind and won’t give it up? Go alone.
Simple Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 5:28 AM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
my LDR Girlfriend broke it off with me. Due to distance.
So she's still into you.

Quote:
I had a holiday booked to go see her. Non refundable. In June. She's happy for that to happen and be FWB while there no matter what.
She can't resist you... Again, she's still into you.

Where is she from?

Quote:
If you were In my shoes. Would you accept this offer and just be friends for the time being?
I would ask to postpone that decision maybe... If I were you, aka a guy, I would play all my cards during that vacation. As a woman, I would cut ties, cold turkey, hoping he missed me so much he'd crawl back to me...

Quote:
Again, if I were you I'd try to sweep her off her feet. But I guess I need to know where she's from before confirming this.
justwhoiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 6:25 AM   #8
Established Member

It's really not a good idea, OP, no.

Being her sex buddy while you're temporarily in town is bound to end poorly for you. How will you feel if you find out she's been with someone else in the meantime? Or if she has started to see someone, and won't sleep with you? Or has sex with you and then goes off the radar once you're gone?

Go and see the city, but don't include her in your plans.
ExpatInItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2019, 11:23 AM   #9

Quote:
Hello, Everyone. Last night my LDR Girlfriend broke it off with me. Due to distance. I'm kinda lost for words, a bit upset.

However my question is people. If you were In my shoes. Would you accept this offer and just be friends for the time being?
OR would you cut all ties and just do it alone?

Appreciate all advice. Sorry if it sounds soft.

From your other post it is Thailand, so I would say go for it and take her up on her offer. Enjoy the culture, your time with her and FWB.

Sorry it did not work out as LDR but her culture is so much different than yours as you already know. Enjoy yourself and take what she is offering, deal with your emotions after you get home with NC.
Caauug is offline   Reply With Quote