Met someone great but she lives far away

So I met a girl. She was on holidays in my country and we spent two great day together best days of my life and hers she said also... She even said she really liked me... We kept talking about meeting up again in 3 months time in her country for a few days.. it's a lonnnnnggg way away and I was just wondering is there a point persuing this... I feel like she's the most amazing person I've ever met! ...we are currently texting a small bit and video calling... So the question is can long distance work... Could it turn into something? Has anyone experienced this? ... Or is it just a waste of time? .. what are your opinions?

There is always a potential...but, after spending only two amazing days together, there is no way to tell how it's all gonna turn out in the end.

(Even people who live together for five years, or longer, still end up getting divorced.)

Why not just think of it as just the start of a blossoming friendship? Spend whatever time together that you can (video, text, calls), visit each other if/when you can,

and then just see where you are 6, 12 and 24 months from now?

• Like 1

I guess if you see a real future with her, maybe. For now keep in touch, visit as much as you can, but don't expect her to not meet guys locally nor don't think that she will "talk" to guys causally which could lead to something more. Have you had a serious discussion with her? I was in a similar situation as you actually, we both "liked" each other, kept in touch, talked about meeting again, however one day the guy started acting cold and distant, turned out he met another girl locally. Also, the lack of physical intimacy plays a role of why LDR don't work out to some.

Vacation romances are oh so romantic. LDRs can be hard to sustain. You do have a lot of technological options to stay in touch but there are also immigration & other practical considerations. Only you know if it's worth making the effort

I'veseenbetterlol

I would never suggest a LDR. I have tried 2, one lasted 6 months. Now being in a close distance relationship, I would never go back to doing a LDR. Everything is 100x harder to do, seeing someone every couple of months is just not worth it. If one person loses interest, sucks for the other who is struggling to keep the relationship afloat. Spending 2 days together can be magical, but is prob just hormones.

It also makes me wonder why people who lets say, go on vacation somewhere why they would put effort in talking to someone or having some romantic love affair while away. Unless, they are only looking for a one night stand and never intend to see them again, why bother to keep it going when their are back from a vacation or business trip? Seems pointless. If I was on vacation I wouldn't go bother go talking to any guy along on the way.