LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Long-Distance Relationships

New long distance relationship question

Long-Distance Relationships Coping with geographical distance can make or break a LDR. Share your experiences and questions here.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th January 2019, 1:44 PM   #16
Established Member

In my experience LDR last until the end of the "puppy love" phase, after that, the lack of physical intimacy will drain all the love out of the relationship until one of the partners calls it off.
Fekenaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2019, 12:49 AM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fekenaws View Post
In my experience LDR last until the end of the "puppy love" phase
And the puppy love phase can last more than 7 years? I doubt it.

Quote:
the lack of physical intimacy will drain all the love out of the relationship
I'd call it "scarcity" if anything. If it's a "lack" of physical intimacy, then it's a virtual relationship, which is a totally different thing.

Quote:
until one of the partners calls it off.
Oh yeah, but this statement applies to most breakups, regardless of the nature of the relationship. The alternative is that both partners call it off.
justwhoiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2019, 1:04 AM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulromantic23 View Post
I was married once for 4.5 years and with my daughters dad for nearly 10 years.
So this would be your third marriage? Then give it enough time to make the right choice.

Quote:
You need to have a solid ground to cling to so you never give up on each other.
And you didn't know this when you got married twice in the past?

Quote:
Friendship is actually incredibly important in romantic relationships.
Friendship can help make the relationship last longer, or it can actually break it. Ever heard people say they felt like brother and sister in the couple?

Quote:
He was going thru a lot as he switched jobs, his brother was going thru some stuff, his mom was sick. Just a lot of personal stress that kind of all happened at once.
There can be unemployment, issues with a baby, losing health, getting old, etc., and any issues relating to those things. Things will be amplified going on, not getting smoother. The road will be steeper. So take that into account.

Quote:
He definitely was not a nurturer when i was sick. But also people learn those behaviors from how they behaved growing up. And he didnít have a father figure around to take care of his mom. So its to be expected probably. It doesnít mean heís not husband material.
People hardly change, if they're even interested in changing anyway. People learn ways to cope with stuff, and they hardly change those too. What happens if you have a fight or a disagreement? Make sure you find that out in time.

Quote:
It will all take time.
Don't be naive. The fact is that he's only 27. And you'll be the one getting hurt. I know of a couple who lasted 11 years, but in the end, when he was in his 40s and she was in her 50s, he found a younger woman and he wanted a baby. And that was after convincing her that age difference didn't matter... and she bought it.
justwhoiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2019, 9:35 PM   #19

I think you need to talk about it and make some plans. And also you need to spend time together even more. LDR is bit compicated but real love can conquer all.
Old 31st January 2019, 9:44 AM   #20

Quote:
What is a reasonable end goal for a long distance relationship. He lives in NY and I live in Ohio. We have been online friends for a year but have recently developed feelings. 3 months into a long distance relationship. We are both serious. This isnt a fling. He was here 2 weekends ago. We are planning to see each other again at new year. It was validated love at first sight. We both are madly in love. We have discussed if things progress well that he would move here no problem. Is that ok to leave it open? Should we have a more detailed plan? Or is it safe to assume that our end goal would be to get married eventually and him to move here eventually and it happens when it happens? This is new and confusing for me. I canít move because I have a great job that cannot relocate and also a small child. He can relocate. We are both ok with this. Should we just leave things open and re-evaluate in a year?

(34f & 27m)
I have a similar situation here so I can understand the struggle you've been through. You see, I have a girlfriend in Greece and we've been together for 2 years. We could only spend a summer holiday together in Greece and we are talking online everyday. Recently I've found a nice job in Greece but they don't want to provide residency for me so we decided to buy this lovely villa in Greece so that I can benefit from Greek citizenship by investment program and also we can use it as a summer house. The problem is my family and friends think it's a weird decision to sell my property in London and buy a house in Greece with a girl that I've spent only one summer with, but I think it's just because they can't see her as I do. But anyway I want to be with her as soon as possible and they will accept the situation I hope. As Shakespeare says: ''Journeys end in lovers' meeting.'' So I guess it's time to settle for me
Timos is offline   Reply With Quote