GF Moving 2.5 Hours Away Tomorrow

Hi LS,

My GF is moving 2.5 hours away tomorrow. She said she would see me before she moves but alas she apparently forgot about that promise. We have said we are going to try it, that 2.5 hrs is not that far -- on the flip side she is saying "she'll never see this place again" and "She won't be able to go here or there again" and "She may never see this place again" etc.

Needless to say this feels like a breakup - but it's not a breakup. All weekend I haven't seen her before she moves because her family came into town to help her move. They went to dinner tonight and didn't invite me.

I am very tempted to sign up for Tinder because I am already feeling lonely. I'm split in half between wanting this to work and being far too frustrated with her effort thus far.

Is any of this worth it? Our relationship has been really good. Dating for about 7 months.. She is 25 I am 32. I'm getting old and really need a real relationship in my life.

Hi LS,

My GF is moving 2.5 hours away tomorrow. She said she would see me before she moves but alas she apparently forgot about that promise. We have said we are going to try it, that 2.5 hrs is not that far -- on the flip side she is saying "she'll never see this place again" and "She won't be able to go here or there again" and "She may never see this place again" etc.

Needless to say this feels like a breakup - but it's not a breakup. All weekend I haven't seen her before she moves because her family came into town to help her move. They went to dinner tonight and didn't invite me.

I am very tempted to sign up for Tinder because I am already feeling lonely. I'm split in half between wanting this to work and being far too frustrated with her effort thus far.

Is any of this worth it? Our relationship has been really good. Dating for about 7 months.. She is 25 I am 32. I'm getting old and really need a real relationship in my life.

You're 32 my man, you don't have this kind of time for lackluster effort in a lackluster relationship. But yes, this is her giving you all the signs that this will end. Without her actually SAYING it, it's clearly on her mind.

You can either end it now, or wait till she'll end it. But if she's moving there indefinitely, then I don't see how this will change in your favor.

Either way, it will hurt. And that's okay. Makes you human. But like my uncle used to say, at some point you just gotta pull off the bandaid.

• Like 1

Why is she moving? Are there any tenative plans to close the distance at some point?

It sounds like she has no intention of coming back, and if she didn't make time to see you before she left, then I think the writing is on the wall.

Do not go signing up for Tinder while you are still with her, though. Break up with her first.

Do not go signing up for Tinder while you are still with her, though. Break up with her first.

^^^ this.

Signing up for Tinder at this stage is a bad move. Break up with her if you want but don't do this.

2.5 hours is not that far. It's not close but it's hardly insurmountable.

Well the fact that you're considering signing up for tinder speaks volumes about how committed you are to making this work...!

LDR takes commitment and hard work. It doesn't sound as though either of you is prepared for that.

• Like 2

In this order

a) Realize her actions just prior to moving and things she said make it clear she's not interested in continuing the relationship, you don't mean all that much to her.

b) Call her and tell her it's not going to work out with her being so far away and good luck. Don't expect much resistance, if any.

c) Sign up for dating sites.

Hi LS,

Is any of this worth it?.

I've been to a similar situation. In my opinion long-distance relationships in general don't work. For some it does, but mostly I think don't.

She just moved and her parents are helping her. Give her time to settle in and try again next week or two weeks. If that doesn't work you are free to use Tinder.