Should I hang out with the person that dumped me?

Other day my gf texted me to say that she'd like to break up with me. Which didn't shocked that much. Mainly because we haven't seen each other for a half year and both of was already tired of online chatting.

It is not tha wet didn't try to do something about it. We planned a meet up - but due to financial situation we had to postpone it several times.

To make a long story short - just recently, she bought a plane ticket to visit me and I was looking forward to finally meet her again. But as I said at the beginning - she broke up with me.

So I have no idea how should I treat this situations. Should I ignore the fact that she is coming to my town, or I hang out with here when she's here even though she has no romantic feelings anymore?

Edited by George9
ExpatInItaly

No, don't hang out with her.

You will end up in more pain when she turns around and leaves and still doesn't want to reconcile.

What's not to understand? She dumped you. That means you don't see each other anymore. She dumped you by text, that's about the most lame and cowardly and disrespectful thing a person can do. Not clear why she's still making the trip if she dumped you, what's that about?

If you broke up because of the distance & the distance is getting closed, it might be OK. If this coming to town is only temporary, there would be worse things then closure good bye sex but if you can't fix the distance the relationship can't be saved in the long run.

So I have no idea how should I treat this situations. Should I ignore the fact that she is coming to my town, or I hang out with here when she's here even though she has no romantic feelings anymore?

You need to ask yourself how YOU feel. Do you think you can hang out with her as a friend and not feel upset knowing that the relationship is over? If so then sure, but if you think it's going to be painful then don't.

Scarlett.O'hara

It depends, like snowboy91 said, how do you feel? Are your feelings for her unchanged? Do you want some sort of friendship with her or could this help provide some closure and reaffirm that it was the right decision?

If you think it will cause you too much confusion or pain, I would advise against it.

Other day my gf texted me to say that she'd like to break up with me.

I'd ignore her.

What's the point in seeing her when you already know she broke up with you? That's pretty pointless. You don't want to be her buddy: you want to be her lover. That's not going to happen, so you might as well set her adrift.

No,why should you? If you still have feelings for her, why torture yourself? If you do meet her, I'd say you're just hoping things will change. I find it somewhat disrespectful if a dating partner throws the other into a "friendzone". That's breadcrumbs and is only about Them and somehow minimizing it for themselves. Don't eat the breadcrumbs.