LDR went from great to disaster...

Had great LDR going with women grew up with and started romantic relationship that was going great. She was planning to move to live with me in a month or two. She has chronic illness and one day said needed space to work on self. Didn’t understand what was going through and tried to find out for myself and told her was working on understanding what was happening. So she didn’t like that and gave her space. She posted on social media few days later she was not doing well so text her is she ok? Wouldn’t answer me so asked someone knew close to her and no answer. Then get nasty text from girlfriend well ex now to leave her alone and don’t text anyone else. So she got pissed and blocked me out of everything and will not answer. After that sent one email a week asking how doing and answered first week then nothing. So for 4 months have no update on how she is. Of course made mistakes of trying to email her after that month and got bad email back her being even more bitter. Make matters worse helped her out with good amount of $ to pay bills till gets back going and now lost women, friend and $. Feel like was used and can’t and probably never will understand exactly what happened.

Edited by TooNis
ExpatInItaly

How much money did you give her, and what for, exactly?

And yes, I would agree that you were probably used. I'm sorry this happened. How much time did you spend together in person, and how long were you dating?

• Author
How much money did you give her, and what for, exactly?

And yes, I would agree that you were probably used. I'm sorry this happened. How much time did you spend together in person, and how long were you dating?

Gave money for medical stuff and were together 6 months and have know for over 30 years. Flew back and forth about 3 times each month. When she wanted space she was about to start treatment and needed time to rest so no other guy involved.

Look on the bright side. She isn't asking you for money anymore. She could have easily kept the charade going and kept milking you for more.

Leave her alone. It's been four months and you're still hounding her. This isn't healthy. Move on and stop dwelling on what you've wasted during your time with her. She doesn't want you around and she may or may not have told you. You really need to get it through your head and understand she does NOT want to be around you or have anything to do with you. That's her right. Respect that and respect yourself.

• Like 1
  • Author
Leave her alone. It's been four months and you're still hounding her. This isn't healthy. Move on and stop dwelling on what you've wasted during your time with her. She doesn't want you around and she may or may not have told you. You really need to get it through your head and understand she does NOT want to be around you or have anything to do with you. That's her right. Respect that and respect yourself.

I know all this now I’m just trying to get back what said pay me back. You have to be pretty damn cold hearted to basically say screw you to “friend” who helped you out plus not even say how doing. That’s all ever asked for. That was my point

ExpatInItaly
I know all this now I’m just trying to get back what said pay me back. You have to be pretty damn cold hearted to basically say screw you to “friend” who helped you out plus not even say how doing. That’s all ever asked for. That was my point

It sucks, but some people really are like that.

I would not count on ever seeing that money again.

• Author
It sucks, but some people really are like that.

I would not count on ever seeing that money again.

Yeah I have come to that conclusion and don’t want to be ass and be mean about it cause of our history but it’s testing me alright. When I gave it to her I said I feel comfortable doing it because of our relationship but just don’t disappear. Know better then lend $ to friends but this was different or thought. The entire situation became really odd quick. I wouldnt ask for it back if just would not have gone off grid.

Poster above said stop hounding her. Asked once week how everything was going to once every couple and now been about 3 weeks and not gonna give satisfaction of showing care how she is anymore.

Unless you're willing to hire a lawyer and take her to court, that money is gone. You can try to have her wages garnished, but that probably costs more than what she owes you.

I hope you're able to let it go because you're not getting that dough back. Just be a bit wiser next time you open your wallet for anyone and be a better judge of character when you loan anyone your money if you'r expecting it back.