Not sure if I'm worried for nothing?

So recently my bf was in town for a couple weeks, so of course we spent a lot of time together. We're pretty open with our phones and things usually, however I noticed that he was keeping his phone very close to him the whole time and he even put a password on his phone which he has never had one before. So of course I got worried and when he was in the shower one morning I took the chance to look at his texts. There was only one set of texts I was concerned with, it was a number that he didn't save and at first I didn't even realize it was a girl texting, but the first text was them sending a pic of a blanket and asking if it was his (he went camping over memorial weekend with his buddies family) and he said something like oh yeah oops or whatever but than the next text was this person, sending another pic back with the blanket covering her boobs and obviously not wearing a shirt or bra. Just some flirty pic, but my bf never answered.

So I guess I'm not sure if there's anything to be concerned with or not, part of me is thinking ok well he didn't even answer but I didn't look at phone calls so he might have called but also I'm wondering why this girl thought it was ok to send a pic like that, like maybe he gave an impression it was ok.

Also, I know who the girl is and it's his buddies cousin who went camping with them so theres also a chance something went down when camping.

IDK please just tell me if it sounds like I'm being reasonable to be worried or if it's prolly nothing? Thanks!

ExpatInItaly

A photo like that isn't nothing. When was the last time you sent a saucy photo to a guy with no ulterior motive?

Could it have been unsolicited and unwanted? Yes, absolutely. However, I would hope that most trustworthy people would have responded by reminding the sender that they are not single and do not want to receive naughty pics. Your boyfriend's lack of a response might have been his roundabout way of communicating that. It's impossible to say with so little information thus far.

Has he ever given you a reason not to trust him? How long have you been together?

EDIT: Same guy? https://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/breaks-breaking-up/658630-my-ex-giving-mixed-signals-i-think

• Author

Yes it is the same guy, we have a very on and off again relationship. And there are definitely reasons he's given to not trust him, my two threads before that one prove that, different girl though.

ExpatInItaly
Yes it is the same guy, we have a very on and off again relationship. And there are definitely reasons he's given to not trust him, my two threads before that one prove that, different girl though.

Ah, then you already know the answer to your question: yes, you should be worried.

Why bother going back to him for more? I would end it and find a guy you can build a healthy, committed relationship with. Going back to this guy was not a good idea, for the reasons outlined in your previous thread.

• Like 2