Spanish speakers?

Hello everyone,

I have been living in Chile for the last 10 months. I met a wonderful woman while in Chile. We started dating 4 months ago. Sadly, my work assignment ended Friday and I have just returned to the United States today. It was a painful goodbye last night at the airport. We both agreed that we would give the LDR a chance. My Spanish is not great but I have basic reading skills. Earlier this evening my girlfriend posted the following on Instagram.

Un hombre maduro te da alas, no te las corta. Te da la mano cuando estas en el suelo, el hombre para que llores cuando ya no auguantes mas.

I tried figuring out what it means with Google translate but unfortunately, it makes no sense once translated. Can any Spanish speakers tell me what this means? Is a good thing or bad thing in a relationship?

Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone,

I have been living in Chile for the last 10 months. I met a wonderful woman while in Chile. We started dating 4 months ago. Sadly, my work assignment ended Friday and I have just returned to the United States today. It was a painful goodbye last night at the airport. We both agreed that we would give the LDR a chance. My Spanish is not great but I have basic reading skills. Earlier this evening my girlfriend posted the following on Instagram.

Un hombre maduro te da alas, no te las corta. Te da la mano cuando estas en el suelo, el hombre para que llores cuando ya no auguantes mas.

I tried figuring out what it means with Google translate but unfortunately, it makes no sense once translated. Can any Spanish speakers tell me what this means? Is a good thing or bad thing in a relationship?

Thanks in advance!

it means, a mature/true man gives you wings, not cut them. He gives you the hand when you are in the floor, the man to cry with when you can't hold any longer.

Basically it means how is a true man, someone who will support you and not hurt you.

I hope i could be of help

• Like 1
  • Author

Hello Marquis,

Thanks for the response. So is this a bad thing? Is she saying I am not a real man to her? I am so confused????

Hello Marquis,

Thanks for the response. So is this a bad thing? Is she saying I am not a real man to her? I am so confused????

I would take her more as an advise, or even a complement, because if she posted on instagram for everyone to see it, i'm sure that the mature man is you, is like "look everyone, even if my man is not in Chile anymore, he still cares about me, he gives me wings and have hope, i know that whenever i cried i can always count on him, no matter where he is"

• Like 2

Sound like the song the wings of love. Meaning he wants to fly to you wherever you are on the ground.