Long distance failed & I'm about to move home - anyone else?

Lovezen_30

5 1/2 months into 8 months of separation my ex broke it off. He said he had mental health issues, 'I need to be alone just now' bla bla - on social media I discover he actually left me to be with another woman.

I think I'm feeling more emotional now because we had plans to move in together this summer and I move back home next week. He was meant to come and help me move my things. Before the LDR began, he told me he was 100% committed and that I didn't need to worry about him meeting anyone else :( And we both made a massive effort with the LDR with Skype and visits, until he suddenly started blowing me off. I thought he really loved me.

So to be honest it's still pretty shocking to me that we didn't make it - I was so convinced we would, he said 8 months was no time at all and we'd get through it. I can't believe he already has a new girlfriend to share his life with.

It hurts terribly and I still feel like I'm stuck in a nightmare sometimes. Did anyone else have their LDR fail? How did you feel and how did you get through it?

I'veseenbetterlol
5 1/2 months into 8 months of separation my ex broke it off. He said he had mental health issues, 'I need to be alone just now' bla bla - on social media I discover he actually left me to be with another woman.

I think I'm feeling more emotional now because we had plans to move in together this summer and I move back home next week. He was meant to come and help me move my things. Before the LDR began, he told me he was 100% committed and that I didn't need to worry about him meeting anyone else :( And we both made a massive effort with the LDR with Skype and visits, until he suddenly started blowing me off. I thought he really loved me.

So to be honest it's still pretty shocking to me that we didn't make it - I was so convinced we would, he said 8 months was no time at all and we'd get through it. I can't believe he already has a new girlfriend to share his life with.

It hurts terribly and I still feel like I'm stuck in a nightmare sometimes. Did anyone else have their LDR fail? How did you feel and how did you get through it?

I did a LDR and what a mistake! I don't really consider it a relationship cause at that point I was kinda desperate, but I never developed real feelings for him. He did the dancing around the bush thing, "I'm not ready", "you deserve better" etc etc. That hurt the most, more then any rejection, didn't even have the respect to break up w/me properly. You deserve way better. Someone who loves you won't find another woman. Stay strong, you will get through it.

Did anyone else have their LDR fail? How did you feel and how did you get through it?
Did you try to search this forum for threads talking about a breakup? You'll find plenty examples.