LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Long-Distance Relationships

Visa denied- What do I do now?


Long-Distance Relationships Coping with geographical distance can make or break a LDR. Share your experiences and questions here.

Like Tree55Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th March 2018, 7:42 AM   #16
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 4,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry1984 View Post
He is from North Africa, he was visiting mexico on vacation. He's travelled all around the world from Canada to UK, just for some reason he can't get approved for a USA tourist visa.

We are the same age, 33.
He would have been told why he was being denied the visa.
__________________
In the end one loves one's desire and not what is desired. -- Nietzsche
clia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 8:31 AM   #17
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 5,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry1984 View Post
He is from North Africa, he was visiting mexico on vacation. He's travelled all around the world from Canada to UK, just for some reason he can't get approved for a USA tourist visa.

We are the same age, 33.
Even better... He is from Africa, visiting Mexico, and wanting to get to the US. Not in this political climate.

Does he have an education? Is he employed?

Last edited by BaileyB; 8th March 2018 at 8:35 AM..
BaileyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 8:36 AM   #18
Established Member
 
d0nnivain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northeastern USA
Posts: 28,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry1984 View Post
He is from North Africa, he was visiting mexico on vacation. He's travelled all around the world from Canada to UK, just for some reason he can't get approved for a USA tourist visa.
Gee. Is he from one of the countries in North Africa affected by the US Travel Ban? That may be why he can't get a visa.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2018, 10:18 AM   #19
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 8
his visa was denied for lack of strong ties to home country. Even though he has a stable job and lots of stamps in his passport to other countries, it didn't matter. His country isn't on the ban list.

He has been cold since the visa instance. Talking to me very formally. I suspect that he is very angry with me for some reason. He said things like:
"I felt you tired with me"
"you never want to leave your country"
"I hide anger"

Because he was calm while we talked and then when I mentioned that I would feel so happy if I met him again, he seemed to go into a fit and shut down now completely. He told me thank you..then the next day He removed his messenger profile photo (which was a picture I gave him) and didn't respond.

Im just looking to understand what happened here but I've never met someone so difficult and who has so many issue expressing.

He has visa to Canada, should I ask to meet him there or just let this be.
strawberry1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2018, 2:13 PM   #20
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 5,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry1984 View Post
his visa was denied for lack of strong ties to home country. Even though he has a stable job and lots of stamps in his passport to other countries, it didn't matter. His country isn't on the ban list.

He has been cold since the visa instance. Talking to me very formally. I suspect that he is very angry with me for some reason. He said things like:
"I felt you tired with me"
"you never want to leave your country"
"I hide anger"

Because he was calm while we talked and then when I mentioned that I would feel so happy if I met him again, he seemed to go into a fit and shut down now completely. He told me thank you..then the next day He removed his messenger profile photo (which was a picture I gave him) and didn't respond.

Im just looking to understand what happened here but I've never met someone so difficult and who has so many issue expressing.

He has visa to Canada, should I ask to meet him there or just let this be.
Please let him be.

First things first, why would you want to be in a relationship with someone who talks to you this way... You said it yourself - "You have never met a man who is so difficult and has so many issues expressing." If that's true, why are you hanging on to this man? He's shown you that he is any angry man who can't communicate. Those are huge red flags!

And second, I don't think he's angry with you... I think he's angry because his plan to get into the US didn't work. You offered to meet him and he got angry. That says a lot. I think he is catfishing... There is a good reason why he only wants to meet you IN the US.

Although you may not agree now, that's probably for the best. Be smart - protect yourself. This is WAY TOO MUCH OF A RISK for you. Move on with your life and find someone else to date. Good luck.

Last edited by BaileyB; 10th March 2018 at 2:21 PM..
BaileyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2018, 4:13 PM   #21
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 57,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry1984 View Post
He is from North Africa, he was visiting mexico on vacation. He's travelled all around the world from Canada to UK, just for some reason he can't get approved for a USA tourist visa.

We are the same age, 33.
It is possible he has a criminal record? Something even minor could prevent him entrance? Have you asked him what their reasons are for refusing his entry into the Country? I find it odd seeing as he's traveled all over the world. Maybe he just said that he couldn't get a visa to visit .. Something to think about.

Anyway, his family disagrees with him dating someone outside of his culture, that weighs a lot. If he truly were into you and wanted a serious relationship with you, he'd move heaven and earth to be with you. Also, fact that he has ignored you for 3 days is insulting and disrespectful. Honest and true people don't play games or give the silent treatment. He's not worth it, so as painful as it is, maybe think about letting him go.
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2018, 9:09 AM   #22
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 10,515
Just let this be, OP.

He is telling you very clearly he doesn't want to continue this. He could have offered to meet half-way, and he didn't. That should tell you all you need to know about his interest level.

Don't drag this out and string yourself along in false hope.
ExpatInItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2018, 10:12 AM   #23
Established Member
 
bathtub-row's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,032
I'm sorry but I think you're being really naive here. You don't know anything about this guy. You only know what he tells you.
bathtub-row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2018, 3:39 PM   #24
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 19,201
Look, he's a man and he was probably just hoping to get sex or hoping having a friend in the US would somehow get him admitted. Now it's too much trouble. Now he's being mean to you. Whatever you do, don't send him any money.
__________________
"I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not better for it." -- Abraham Lincoln
preraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2018, 1:09 PM   #25
Established Member
 
Elswyth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 25,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwayisup View Post
It is possible he has a criminal record? Something even minor could prevent him entrance? Have you asked him what their reasons are for refusing his entry into the Country? I find it odd seeing as he's traveled all over the world. Maybe he just said that he couldn't get a visa to visit .. Something to think about.
To clear things up here, US visas, even tourist visas, are notoriously difficult to get. Especially if you are from a non OECD country. When I applied for my tourist visa, the interview was held in a large room where everyone is seated and called up in turn, and you hear everyone's stories. I saw no less than 10 people get declined a visa, for various reasons, none related to criminality. One had visited Iran before while he was backpacking around the world, another was unemployed, another had no family back home and so could not demonstrate sufficient ties to home, another could not demonstrate sufficient proof to satisfy them that he was going on a road trip.

If you have criminal records you aren't even invited to the interview stage. I think a lot of people in the US aren't aware of just how difficult it is to get into their country. It was the most difficult tourist visa I have ever obtained, more difficult than student or work visas in some other countries.

That being said, that doesn't excuse his treatment of the OP nor is it any reason to drag this on. The OP should leave.
__________________
~Perfection is about accepting that we cannot control everything and letting go of some of our preconceived notions.~ -Spiritofnow-
Elswyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2018, 1:31 AM   #26
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 8
Yes, thank you.

I talked with him one last time and asked him to meet me in Canada. He said he can't do it because he is tired and this is his final decision.

I said ok.

I felt that through all this he was angry with me and he denied that he was, because the day before his interview he was perfectly normal and said that he loved me. He really didn't take the visa decline well and has been angry and cold ever since. The hardest part of all this is the sudden change in his personality.
I really don't think he was after a USA visa, if he was he could have done the finance visa or married in the UK, he's just a lonely guy looking to start a life easy with nice girl and he's impatient to wait further.

He know his mother doesn't accept me in his country and he doesn't have his own house, so he probably doesn't see a future there.

He says he will visit me in Ireland and also says have a nice life so I don't know what is wrong with him, but it seems like he is depressed and not well.

Last edited by strawberry1984; 13th March 2018 at 1:54 AM..
strawberry1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2018, 10:07 AM   #27
Established Member
 
Gaeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 15,710
If he entered Canada then he doesn't have a criminal past. If he has applied for a Canadian Visa THEN he will be refused in the US. Both our countries have an agreement, you cannot immigrate to the US if you have applied to Canada and vice-versa.

Have you seen his rejection papers? I think this man is feeding you a lot of BS. Are you familiar with North African culture? I beg you to look into it and to forget about this man. At this time he already has found another American woman to con. One with a job and money.

I also suspect he is not pursuing with you because even if you married him you would not qualify to sponsor him into the US. To sponsor a spouse you have to be able to financially provide for them for 5 years or 7 (I think) in the US. You do not have that financial capacity as a student.
__________________
'' The Biggest Coward Is A Man Who Awakens A Woman's Love With No Intention Of Loving Her '' - Bob Marley
Gaeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2018, 10:50 AM   #28
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 15,049
I completely agree with Gaeta. This guy has said good bye, have a nice life more than once to you so he has moved on. I think you need to stop contacting him. It's a dead end.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2018, 11:54 AM   #29
Established Member
 
Elswyth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 25,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeta View Post
Have you seen his rejection papers?
You don't get rejection papers if you fail the US tourist visa interview. Your only "rejection paper" is a lack of visa and being told at the interview that you will not be granted a visa. It's like a job interview, basically - not every employer is nice enough to get back to you. The US certainly isn't one of the nice ones (although at least they tell you verbally that you didn't make it).

I really wish that people would actually try applying for one or talking to a non-OECD citizen who has applied for one before making assumptions. The procedure is NOT the same as immigration procedures that you are used to as an OECD citizen. Believe me. In fact, I personally found the experience extremely off-putting and somewhat dehumanizing. You are told to come at 8am and clear your entire morning, no specific appointment times granted, then you queue up for a security check for 30 minutes before being led into the large interview room. You queue up for an hour to do biometrics. Then all 50 of you wait in the "holding room" until they call your name. The officers are extremely unfriendly, you are not allowed to bring any food or drink into the room or leave for the toilet, and you might wait for up to 3 hours. If I had been declined a visa, I would not have reapplied, it wouldn't have been worth it.

Again, I agree that the OP should leave, but I disagree that he's necessarily lying about his tourist visa application.

Last edited by Elswyth; 13th March 2018 at 12:03 PM..
Elswyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2018, 1:26 PM   #30
Established Member
 
Gaeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 15,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elswyth View Post
You don't get rejection papers if you fail the US tourist visa interview.
So he was lying when he told her he was rejected because he didn't have enough attachment to his home country?

I don't think he made it to an interview, I understood his written requests were rejected.
Gaeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Have you ever denied your feelings or had them denied to you ugglover2012 General Relationship Discussion 19 6th February 2013 8:30 PM
Denied! (...I think?...) CKBlue Friends and Lovers 1 18th November 2009 1:12 AM
when visitation is denied lost4ever Parenting 6 6th April 2008 4:05 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 3:41 PM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2018 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.