LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Long-Distance Relationships

He chooses not to talk when have an argument. Feeling isolated?

Long-Distance Relationships Coping with geographical distance can make or break a LDR. Share your experiences and questions here.

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th February 2018, 5:54 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybrowns View Post
Thanks everyone for your helpful comments. From now I have decided to try just giving him space whenever he asks for it; this seems to really work for him. However he did say that he will stop the Ďnot picking up the calls when things get badí, but he did it again and just said he ďactually canítĒ stop that habit. It is making me lose trust in him since he had stated that he would stop doing that, I didnít ask him to he just said he would stop, which was a lie. I have no choice but to give him his space when things are bad.
It's not a lie. A lie is a deliberate deception. In this case, he most likely thought he could do it, but it turns out that he doesn't have the tools to do so.

I don't see where you answered as to how often you have these disagreements and what kind of issues they are about. What was the latest disagreement over?
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 6:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil67 View Post
It's not a lie. A lie is a deliberate deception. In this case, he most likely thought he could do it, but it turns out that he doesn't have the tools to do so.

I don't see where you answered as to how often you have these disagreements and what kind of issues they are about. What was the latest disagreement over?
I guess youíre right. I canít force him to feel like picking up the phone.

Lately we have been arguing a lot about me relocating to his city; he wants me to move to where he lives but I am not too keen on it and might move to one that I like more which is not too far from him.
babybrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 6:47 PM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybrowns View Post
I guess youíre right. I canít force him to feel like picking up the phone.

Lately we have been arguing a lot about me relocating to his city; he wants me to move to where he lives but I am not too keen on it and might move to one that I like more which is not too far from him.
OK, this is the kind of stuff which shouldn't be fought over. Instead, it's a basic compatibility issue which either works or doesn't.

He doesn't want to move to you. You don't want to move to him. And your definition of "not too far from him" is clearly not the same as his. Unless you're both willing to do whatever it takes to be together, then I can't see that you have a future together.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote