I think I should be single forever.

Dear everyone,

I was in a long distance relationship with someone whom I also consider a good friend. He tried so hard to get my heart from miles away. I wasn't sure about LDR at first. He's not my type also. But somehow, I have accepted all his flaws and stuff and ended up confessing to him that I loved him. It was great: we shared our stories and future dreams, jokes, family problems, fears and our dumb sides. I love him not because of his nationality or money or whatever it is. It's because the way he is.

He said that this relationship was possible so we should have walked side by side, right? But then he walked far ahead and me running after him like an idiot. He didn't like deep talks but in the end I brought up the topic because when I start reminiscing about the old days, then I think there's no hope anymore to hold onto this relationship. I was glad that finally he told me he didn't love me anymore like he used to be. I'd say that he is a coward not dare enough to talk about this on the phone but I sincerely respect his decision. We're still good friends even though I'm totally sure he'll slowly avoid me, which is good as I need to heal myself. I hope he knows that he's still a dear friend for me.

I've tried to be genuine all the time. I trust guys. I'm loyal to them only. I'm a good listener. I always give them some space to be with friends and even alone. I know this from all my ex's. But why do guys always lose their love for me? I'm tired of getting heartbroken over and over again. I think I have bad luck in romance and maybe I'm destined to be single forever. Showing your true self and accepting people's flaws sound like a huge bull**** for me now. I feel like it's my time already to be a heart breaker too. I shouldn't have trusted anyone.

I hate myself for being too kind as a woman. But I know I'm not suffering alone. He from miles away is also suffering. I know he hates himself for hurting me. He's confused. He said sorry to me but I replied that he needs to be sorry to his past self. That night, I truly felt like a true adult for respecting his decision and ended this relationship.

Thank you guys for reading this. I wish to hear stories and opinions from your perspective too. To you who is also suffering from the same situation, please don't forget to love yourself and stop blaming yourself for the bad ending. Life cycle is originally like that: You do it. You learn it. You grow. It's really important to judge things from several perspectives.

Good luck :)

Relationships are so hard. Our greatest desire in this life (I believe) is to be fully known and fully loved for who we are. When we learn to trust someone else and are vulnerable with them, sharing our hearts desires, dreams, etc, it can really wreck us when that relationship breaks.

I encourage you to take time to heal, as you discussed. Being through hard breakups myself, I have found that, personally, it is helpful to take time to heal and learn from the experience to be a stronger you. You never know what is down the road for you in terms of a relationship. All we can control is our personal growth.

I hope you have good friends to connect with and find encouragement/support with during this time. Take it one day at a time and know we are all in this crazy thing called life together!

• 3 weeks later...

All this is very fresh for you right now. In time, you will feel better about yourself and know you made the right decision. No one can give you any advice right now to make you feel better. You just have to wait, reflect and then one day, all will be better. Good luck!

he walked far ahead and me running after him like an idiot.
Here's your first clue: next time, no running after anyone. Anyway, how did he walk far ahead? Examples?

He didn't like deep talks
If talks is all you have, then what were the talks like? Like describing what happened to you during the day?

finally he told me he didn't love me anymore like he used to
It must have faded out. After all, you two never met.

I'd say that he is a coward not dare enough to talk about this on the phone
Next time, stay clear from men who can't handle a phone call, especially with someone they claim to love.

I'm totally sure he'll slowly avoid me, which is good as I need to heal myself.
Then why wait for him to make this decision? He let the ball roll saying he's not feeling it anymore. You take the hint and ask for space.

why do guys always lose their love for me?
Maybe it gets dull over time? Maybe you give a chance to the wrong guys? Who knows...

I hate myself for being too kind as a woman.
Yeah, that sucks at times. But I wouldn't want to be a man, anyway.