I'm extremely sad about our future together

Hi there.

I've been in a LDR for the past 11 months. He's from the US and I live in Mexico but I'm Venezuelan.

We love each other, he has visited me 4 times this year. We were planning to me visit there for our 1 year anniversary so TODAY I went to ask for my tourist Visa and got denied.

This is my 3rd visa denial. (The other two were back home 2 years ago).

I'm so disappointed and sad, he's telling me that we'll find a way and we have even discussed about a fiance visa but that's takes almost a year and my passport expires in 2019 and because of my ****ty governments is not that easy to get a new passport. I think I'm just seeing the bad things today, I know that but I can't help it.

I'm so scared about the future, I don't want him to get bored of traveling and I really had the illusion to met his family and friends. I'm scared of having a visa denied forever (I don't know why they denied it because I always have everything right and I'm don't have any trouble with the law of something).

I don't know who this is going to affect our future but I'm scared, sad and disappointed. I feel he is the love of my life and I don't want to lose him for this reason.

I'm sorry I just needed to talk with someone who understands what is this fear of losing someone you can't see and feel everyday

What's the long range plan? If you can, do you plan to move to the US?

Understand you can get to know parts of someone online, but 4 visits isn't nearly enough to really get to know someone, how they live, if you are truly compatible.

One of you will have to move counties to see if the relationship will really work - and then make that move permanent if you do.

Yeah l feel for ya.

l've been in one nearly 2 yrs , it hasn't worked out sadly but yep , it's very hard with the expenses and visas and time of work and stuff, know all about it.

Don't really have any useful advice as l'm in a different country and of course you both know you need to see more of each other and that's what your trying to do, l know.

Anyway good luck and l guess if your knocked back again , he might have to come to you again just for now, but thats not so bad is it.

Maybe you could just start working at getting your visa through in the meantime he keeps coming to you. And hopefully meantime down the track somewhere , you finally get it .

Good luck anyway.

I think you should invest in studying in the US.

At least for a semester or two.

Even if it's a community college, you apply to the school as an international student and then apply for a visa, maybe then you'll get accepted.

Best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...

There have been other cases on here, with VISA trouble and things fell through over time.

What's your profession?

Your nationality and where you currently live are not helping you get a VISA to the US for sure.

You could think about meeting him somewhere else and then try and fly back together to the US. One thing for sure, if they smell a lie when you try to enter, they won't let you in.

I have seen people in line to get their passport checked, and being held for questioning...