Why has she gone a bit quiet?

So, about six months ago I was expecting to relocate so, via a dating website, I got chatting to a few ladies in the area I thought I was about to move to. One in particular stood out to me.

About a month after we got talking my plans to relocate had to go on hold so I sent her a message to say something to the effect of, I'm not coming down anytime soon and I'm not going to waste your time if you're looking for something serious, but she seemed happy to keep messaging and chatting on the phone from time to time. Thereafter for months she'd send me messages everyday first thing in the morning and last thing at night, with cute little kisses here and there, sometimes we chat all night on whatsapp and chat on the phone.

Last week though, I told her I was going to be passing through her town with a view to relocating soon and would she let me take her out for the day, to which she said yes.

Great, but now she just isn't as chatty as she used to be. She is still talking and texting but she is far more sparing with the kisses by text and I don't get the good morning messages any more.

Just wondered what you more experienced folks make of her change in behaviour. I'm not overly concerned about it. I enjoy talking to her and she says she enjoys talking to me but now im a bit conscious of appearing desperate just to get her talking. How should I play it from here?

I'm an optimist. She's using the virtual kisses sparingly because she is anticipating real ones.

I'm also a realist. Since now you are becoming real -- you are going to meet IRL. That may scare her & she's backing off because she only wanted a virtual relationship.

Until you see her on your trip, you won't know.

• Like 1
  • Author

That was what I was thinking but wondered if someone would throw something else in the pot.

One side of me says I should try to gently let her know that I realise our virtual relationship is just virtual and I realise a date is something quite different. Then another part of me says I should just be cool, give her some space and don't draw attention to the "situation".

What do you think I should do?

Be cool. This is a change from how you started. You said you didn't want anything serious. Now a date makes things more serious. She doesn't know what to think.

• Like 1
  • Author

I'm definitely not freaking out, and I can appreciate why she is behaving the way she is. We both need to adjust to this becoming a reality even if it is just for one afternoon.

I just hope she knows that I know that, and also how I can keep her knowing im still interested without looking desperate or that ive gone off the boil.

Yesterday, I had no contact from her at all. That is a first in six months.

Call me a pessimist, but I'd say you're being catfished. She should actually have to be more excited to see you and not less. This smells too funny...