boring talking on the phone with my gf

Hi,

I have rekindled a relationship with an ex from 12 years ago, a woman I met while studying at a uni in her country. I was there on a visit 4 years ago and we hooked up, then she came to spend a month with me earlier this year. The plan is for her and her son to move to the states later this year, or early next year. We have had on and off contact over the years, but she got married and divorced in that time and we weren't very close until I went back 4 years ago.

When we are together it is fun, and she is fairly talkative, though I have always been the motor for our conversations. The phone is boring though. I don't get any thrill out of talking to her, and I am a person who has very long phone conversations (with friends, my cousin, aunt) at least once a week.

She wants to do video calls, which should make it more interesting. Also before I think I wanted to talk to her on the phone too much. Maybe twice a week is enough? But then I worry that if we can't find something to talk about, maybe it's not meant to be.

I was in another long distance relationship years ago, and we spent hours on the phone every day.

How do you keep the chats fresh and lively when your gf is on the other side of the world?

Edited by fiskadoro
HarmonyDriven

Maybe.....she is just as bored as you are talking on the phone? Since she suggested video calls, I think you should try it.

If that doesn't work, keep talking on the phone, but don't feel bad if one day the conversation is 10 min and the next it's 30 min. It's all good. As long as the communication is good, you will be on the right track.

• Like 3

Long distance is boring, but I have to say if you're bored long-distance, it's going to be boring in person too.

CautiouslyOptimistic

Less time on the phone for sure. The longer the time span in between calls, too, the more you'll have to talk about.

• Like 1