What can I do now

I'm in LDR for 9 months (5 months of that we were together). It was always me who was in his country, because I was there for my research. Now I'm in my home country and my bf has to come visit me on Oct/Nov this year. It's a pretty long time, but this is the only way.

I have found very cheap air ticket from Europe to his country, like really CHEAP (for less than the usual half price). I don't know what to do now, because I would like to see him so much again. I still have money for it, but I'm finishing my Phd. so I'm also searching for a job. If I go there to visit him, my job-search will be delayed. So I honestly don't know what to do.

What would you do in my place?

Go for a week. It will help. A week won't set you back irrevocably.

See if you can line up a job interview or two while you are there.

I would concentrate on education and job hunting. A lot of this depends on if you are every both going to live in the same place in the future. If not, what's the point derailing your education and career for it.

coolheadal
I'm in LDR for 9 months (5 months of that we were together). It was always me who was in his country, because I was there for my research. Now I'm in my home country and my bf has to come visit me on Oct/Nov this year. It's a pretty long time, but this is the only way.

I have found very cheap air ticket from Europe to his country, like really CHEAP (for less than the usual half price). I don't know what to do now, because I would like to see him so much again. I still have money for it, but I'm finishing my Phd. so I'm also searching for a job. If I go there to visit him, my job-search will be delayed. So I honestly don't know what to do.

What would you do in my place?

You need to have a job first before you start thinking about traveling. How are you going to make ends meet. Airline tickets are cheap because they can be to get you to fly. You need to have money when you land and rent a car/suv to get around, then there is food and hotel. All that cost money.

I'd probably go but not for too long. You do have to concentrate on your study but surely the chance to be together for a few days would be good.