I don't understand her behaviour..sudden change

My SO and I have been in a good relationship but not the best since we've been fighting often lately. She gets mad, deletes me over the littlest things. We've known each other for 2 years and almost talked every single day and I could tell if there's anything new going on with her. I've been cheated twice and it made me insecure and even though, I'm trying to work on myself, I still worry about her finding someone else.. a part of me never doubts her but still I end up being insecure around her.

Lately, she has been acting strange whenever we chat or talk. She would laugh for no reason and responds with or some smiley face for no apparent reason. For instance, we were trying to have a sex chat last night and she just responded with those smiley faces which made no connection. I felt like she was behaving strangely so I told her about it and all she replied with was those smileys and "Im so happy". I asked her why she's happy and didn't an answer. Then I asked her if she's found someone else and told her I am feeling insecure. She again responded with the smiley faces and kept laughing at me. I felt humiliated and got angry and accused her of cheating..I didnt call her a cheater or anything, just I asked her if she's found someone else. In these 2 years, she never behaved like this. Now, she has deleted me and blocked me.

Sounds like with the fights and the insecurity she had come to the end of her tether and just needed an easy way out from a relationship which had become more stress than fun - you gave that easy way out by getting angry and accusing her of cheating.

• Author
Sounds like with the fights and the insecurity she had come to the end of her tether and just needed an easy way out from a relationship which had become more stress than fun - you gave that easy way out by getting angry and accusing her of cheating.

Thanks for the perspective. I don't doubt her like that all the time, despite my insecurities I feel like she's a trustworthy person. On some rare occasions, I become irrational. I am trying to work on my fears.

You sound like a decent guy but your being a doormat. She has cheated on you in the past and most relationships don't survive infidelity. She is lucky you have forgiven her and instead of valuing the 2nd chance she is completely taking you for granted. If I were you I would ignore her completely and she'll wonder what you're up to, do what she doesn't expect you to do and it will throw her a mile.

Remember -people will only treat you the way YOU allow them to -

Start now, you'll be amazed what happens next...

Edited by TamsinB
  • Like 2

You should also block her and move on.

This relationship is pointless. No effective communication = no back-bone for LDR

• Like 1