Really disappointed and kinda depressed

Randomusername11

I'm in a ldr and we've been together for more than a year without seeing each other, which for some is not as long but it sucks. He had the chance to visit me but said it was too much, I offered to help pay, and not enough time for us. I don't understand why not, I planned to visit in a few months for one of your breaks yet this would be a nice little visit to see each other and see how it all works out. I'm just kind of down about it I know I should understand but I feel like I need him here just know he exists and feel close. Which is really weird thing for me to say it just sounds too clingy to say but true that I'm dying to meet him. Most of the friends I have think he's just going to put visitin me off until the very end since he's not overly attempting to see me. What do I do? Let it go? I have always been disappointed with people who can't do what they say they will or I just get my hopes up and now I'm in a slump because he won't come here. I can't go there right now I'm busy working mornings.

ExpatInItaly

If after a whole year you two still haven't managed to meet, then yes, let it go. A relationship just isn't realistic in these circumstances. Are you sure he's actually single, or that he is who he says he is?

How did you meet, and how far apart are you?

Just to clarify, have you never met?

Because, if that is the case... what you have with this man is not a relationship. This is a man you talk with occasionally online... but until you meet in real life and get to know this person, it's not really a relationship.

If you know this man in real life and the long distance relationship began when he moved away... the fact that he hasn't visited you in a year would be a definite deal breaker. How can you expect to keep a relationship when you make no effort to be together? That's not good!

I can understand your feeling of disappointment because you've obviously grown attached to this person. But, you really need to move on. If he wanted to meet you, he has had plenty of opportunities to make that happen in the past year. And, the fact that he hasn't is s HUGE RED FLAG!!!

And whatever you do, DO NOT send this man any money!!

Edited by BaileyB