Ideal LDR but constant sad- and loneliness

Hi everyone (:

Since I met my very first girlfriend 1 year ago, there haven't been any interpersonal problems; actually, I think it's the most perfect relationship. When I fell in love with her within the first month we chatted, when she replied, I cried tears of happiness for the first time in my life. Unless I have anything else that I'm up to (which I'm trying my best to avoid - I almost stopped communicating with my "old" friends as well as everyone else), I dedicate my time to her entirely. The only chance for us to meet though, which because of the price is extremely rare, is taking a flight. I can't describe the feelings I have during the few days I spend with her - afterwards, they turn into the exact opposite. I find myself crying every day, at times for hours, scrolling through every photo of her that I encounter.

Being this sad is not a problem, instead, I'm more than happy to have someome I love to the maximum. If not to death. I've been suicidal for a long time and I've made a promise to myself that I'll not be able to continue my life if something ever separates us.

However (she asks me to be, too), I want to be more happy. I should be because I'm, of course, looking forward to the next time we meet, but I don't know how not to be sad. Every smile for another reason than her is just fake.

Sorry for mistakes, I'm not a native speaker.

Thank you very much for reading ^^

Hi everyone (:

Hi samiki,

Welcome to LoveShack.org.

I met my very first girlfriend 1 year ago
How old are you both? Are you her first boyfriend too?

Unless I have anything else that I'm up to (which I'm trying my best to avoid - I almost stopped communicating with my "old" friends as well as everyone else), I dedicate my time to her entirely
This sounds like a real case of symbiosis. Enrich your life and your soul on your own, so that you'll have more to offer her when you are with her. We don't just grow up on the outside.

I've been suicidal
Does she know about that? Is she in the least worried or concerned about your health and well-being?

I've made a promise to myself that I'll not be able to continue my life if something ever separates us.
And what could separate you? So many things happen all the time, and things don't always go the way we want. You shouldn't try to shape your life to your liking to the point you hate your life. Embrace it and be grateful.

I don't know how not to be sad.
Sadness is just part of a range of emotions we can feel. You shouldn't feel uncomfortable with being sad. Of course it's nicer to be happy, that goes without saying. But sadness has its positive sides too: it makes you see what you really care about in life, it makes you think, it's supposed to let you value things that count more for you, it usually gives you the time to ponder. It can also make you cry. Welcome all those feelings, as they are part of life. When you start feeling sad, and you want to feel better, start thinking of whatever makes you happy. You can start planning your next trip, decide what to do, what to see, where to go. Make a list of things that make you happy, adding even the smallest things like: a flower in the grass, a sunny day in the summer, or anything you like and might put a smile on your face.

Anyway, what do you do for a living?

If you are suicidal, you need professional help. Get therapy. Do not use your SO as a substitute for trained medical care.

It's normal to be sad in an LDR when you have to separate again. I would bawl my eyes out in the airport every time.

Hi Samiki,

I think it's quite normal to be sad when we are not able to spend time with the one we love. Saying goodbye, for however long, is always hard.

But, you should not be losing contact with friends and family when you are "in a relationship." And it's not good that you have made a decision not to continue your life if something separates you from this woman. If you are suicidal, you need to seek professional help.

You have a very unhealthy attachment to this woman. Please seek professional help.