Should I maintain contact with my LDR friend?

My 5-month LDR friend, with whom I've met 3-4 times, told me a few days ago that he likes me sexually but not so much emotionally - he says he need time..I, on the other hand, feel for him.

Considering the situation, it's hard to remain friends..Should I continue contact with him, or cut it for some time, or for good?

Thanks..

Should I continue contact with him, or cut it for some time, or for good?
I wouldn't want a f buddy. Would you? If you wouldn't either, then just stop talking to him and fade out. You don't owe him anything.
  • Like 1
  • Author
I wouldn't want a f buddy. Would you? If you wouldn't either, then just stop talking to him and fade out. You don't owe him anything.

But shouldn't I wait a bit hoping his feeling will change?

But shouldn't I wait a bit hoping his feeling will change?

Up to you. I wouldn't wait around in the hopes he falls in love with me. That might be OK when you're not under someone's radar, when you didn't have a chance with him yet and you're waiting for one so that he gets to know you or to notice you... but this is a totally different case. You've been together and he has no feelings for you. To me that means it's time for you to start a new chapter of your life.

• Author
Up to you. I wouldn't wait around in the hopes he falls in love with me. That might be OK when you're not under someone's radar, when you didn't have a chance with him yet and you're waiting for one so that he gets to know you or to notice you... but this is a totally different case. You've been together and he has no feelings for you. To me that means it's time for you to start a new chapter of your life.

In fact, we had agreed at the very beginning that we could date others, as well - we're both males, by the way.

If you want someone strictly for sex,then be there for that. If that is not what you want,time to cut him off and move on. He has told you what he wants from you,it is up to you to accept it or reject it. Good luck.

we're both males, by the way.
I'm just curious about something...is this relevant? Do you believe that because you're both male that the standard male-female advice does not apply?
  • Author
If you want someone strictly for sex,then be there for that. If that is not what you want,time to cut him off and move on. He has told you what he wants from you,it is up to you to accept it or reject it. Good luck.

Except sex, he wants us to remain good friends, as well but he is against the idea of living together if I decided to move to his city..

Well I think you were already aware this wasn't ever going to be a serious relationship if you both agreed to see other people from the get go.

Sounds like he's building a f buddy list or a booty call harem or whatever you want to call it. You want to be a part of that or have your own then no worries. You want to be involved in a serious relationship it won't work with this guy.

Best way to cure those feelings is likely your next question?

• Author
Well I think you were already aware this wasn't ever going to be a serious relationship if you both agreed to see other people from the get go.

Sounds like he's building a f buddy list or a booty call harem or whatever you want to call it. You want to be a part of that or have your own then no worries. You want to be involved in a serious relationship it won't work with this guy.

Best way to cure those feelings is likely your next question?

Yes, what do you suggest?

My 5-month LDR friend, with whom I've met 3-4 times, told me a few days ago that he likes me sexually but not so much emotionally - he says he need time..I, on the other hand, feel for him.

Considering the situation, it's hard to remain friends..Should I continue contact with him, or cut it for some time, or for good?

Thanks..

IMO I would cut him lose...especially with him saying there's no emotions involved! Stop the contact and see if he reaches out to you.

• Author
IMO I would cut him lose...especially with him saying there's no emotions involved! Stop the contact and see if he reaches out to you.

Yes, you're right..We haven't talked since Monday, when I initiated it on that day's morning..

• Author

He reached out to me yesterday, and we talked mainly about work. I was pleased by that but today I feel somewhat anger toward him..So, love and hate (: