So i finished my LDR, i moved to another country but my problem doesnt end . Or maybe i should say it keep on comming.

My man and me have gone such a long way to be together, tons of paperwork and tons of emotional roller coaster after every airports goodbyes. I was so glad it is finally over...

As i have been in Germany for around 3 months now, first month spent to go around offices to get paperwork done and prepared for the wedding. Then i need to wait more than a month and a haft to get my legal paper to stay and to work/study.

So until i have been stuck at home for around 3 months now, i have been doing basically NOTHING, except for having driving school and learn german.... My german isnt proficient yet but i get by if the local have mercy on me...

I am currently looking for some kind of job to get me out of the house, and to be able to earn and not feeling like a complete failure. But its a daunting aspect, without proper Ausbildung i dont stand a chance even to work at the supermarket.... I dont live in a big city so i dont have that much other options.

Since we are living on 1 source of income, everything need to be calculated, especially when we need a new car soon.

One good thing is our relationship is good, but i dont want to be a burden any longer. :(

I dont know what advice i am seeking but i feel like i got a ton of rocks on my shoulders and have no freaking clue how to get it off. Have anyone successfully moving to another completely foreign country and manage to pull it off? Im completely lost

Any thoughts, experience would be really appreaciated.

Hi Amy,

Hold on.

Don't you come from an Asian country? You could give lessons of your own native language to residents. Even online. If you do it online, you could offer conversation classes to improve in your language (for travellers to your country or college students getting a degree as interpreters).

You could learn how to apply gel nail polish and make deals with hairdressers in the area, to offer that service to their customers. I guess by investing 100€ you would keep busy and make some money.

If you know how to match styles and feel you can be a bit knowledgeable regarding fashion, you could be a personal shopper, especially once you get your driving license. You could accompany some ladies/old ladies buy their clothes in the right stores/shops and help them pick what fits best for them or the occasion(s).

You could offer services as babysitter or dogsitter, or taking care of cats while the owners are on vacation. You could also take care of birds (it's not that easy to find someone who will look after them). This is the right time January to February, people go to ski resorts.

These are just ideas, I'm sure there are many others. You just need to be creative to support yourself. Keeping yourself busy like that will also put you in touch with many people and improve your German.

• Like 1