is it worth it..?

Okay.. I really like this guy and I have strong feelings for him. The problem is I only met him twice. We met at uni but he had to leave to go back to the states. We kept in touch through Yahoo Messenger, and we slowly started to have feelings for each other.

I know I have feelings for him coz no matter how many dates I go on.. its still him I want. I really really want to be with him... but the thing is my parents wont let me. I'm just 18, and I still live with my parents coz they wudnt let me move out anyway.

I'm going to go to the states for three weeks this coming november just to be with him. My parents dont know anything about 'me seeing him' all they know is that I'm gona go there for a holiday.

Now here's my question.. do you guys think it's worth the money? (going to the states for a student is quite alot of money)

do you think there's a chance for us to be together?

why do i like him so much when i only met him twice and i got choices other than him?

Ugh i know im not making sense ... but i just want to know :( I feel like a 14 yr old who's sooo into her crush and cant get him off her mind :(

RecordProducer

Well you ARE a 14-year old girl...almost! :p

It doesn't make sense for a girl to spend a lot of money to jump into some guy's bed. You'd be doing all the effort. That's not good for a girl. If he wants to be with you, he should pay for your trip or at least split costs in two. Invite him to NZ, tell him you won't be able to afford the trip to the US. If he refuses to come and see you or share the expense of your trip to the US with you then you'll know that you'd be flying there for nothing.

I believe you that you like him. But the question is how much he likes you and would he sacrifice for you just like you would for him?

I think you're rather lonely and can't find a nice guy to date while your hormones are boiling. You're young and have the desire to love and be loved. So you project your desire on an almost imaginary distant guy.

Most of the people are lonely and unhappy in love. Endure! The right guy will show up in your life sooner or later.

Unless this guy lives in LA or NYC or some other interesting city (then you could benefit the trip as a tourist), it makes no sense for you to fly there. If you want to start a serious long-distance relationship with him, then he should organize your trip. Be a lady! ;)

• Author

hehe! THANKS SO MUCH. You really woke me up! It's true. It's me who's going to do all the effort!! And nope. Thats definitely not good for a girl. He already offered to pay for half of the trip, and he's going to (according to him) apply for a nz working visa so he can work here. Well.. he lives in LA.. but its not like I really wanna go to LA :/ Im just going to go there to see him. So I guess I should cancel it now. You're really right. :) I mean we havent talked for 4 days and I havent even gotten an email or any sort of msgs from him. I'm always the one who calls him as well. nah he's not worth it... I'll tell him to come over to NZ instead and I'll pay half of his trip coz I'd rather that the guy come see the girl than the other way around. If he says no.. then thats it. Buhbye for him.

Thanks so much :)

RecordProducer

Don't pay for 1/2 of his trip, for god sake!!! If he wants to see you, you're worth the effort. If you're not then you don't wanna see him!

When you expect from the world to spin around you, it actually starts spinning around you! ;)

My LDR BF pays for everything. Okay, he makes way much more than I do, but I have the I'm-worth-it attitude. So I found a guy who shares my attitude.

I say to him in a joke: we're so compatible; you like to please me and I like to be pleased! :p

Please note that this attitude has nothing to do with money, but rather with self-respect! :cool: