Long distance guy I like is being distant.

I am not currently in a long distance relationship, but figured this is the best place to write this. I have been talking to a guy for about 2 months now. We just happened to match because I live near an airport and picked him up on my radius, but he was actually flying home from the states and going back to England where he lives. The ironic thing is I am too from England.

So we have been talking which then turned into him asking if we could do calls, and then once we Skyped. He has been showing lots of interest always wanting to call etc, but I was kinda meh about it due to the distance.

He then went on vacation and we didn't speak for a week, and during this time I realized home much I missed talking, and when he got back he messaged me, and we basically picked up right where we left off. We admitted we liked each other from talking etc, but the distance was an issue. He did tell me he wants to move to the USA if he can, and has been trying to find a way to for some time.

We were talking every day, but I feel a bit like ever since I told him I liked him and have been acting more keen he has pulled back a bit. He isn't as chatty, and he hasn't said anything for 2 days (not like him at all). He said he was busy this weekend, but he is constantly on Facebook and stuff, and I feel he could easily chat if he wanted to.

I am really trying to protect myself because I was hurt very badly a few months ago by someone, and I really don't want to get attached to someone else who is unavailable, especially with the distance, and I am worried I have messed up something coming across too keen. Does anyone have any thoughts? I want to ask what is up, but I know I shouldn't.

I also want to mention that he will be here next month for his next vacation, and we planned to meet up and see what happened between us, but right now I am totally confused why he hasn't said anything all of a sudden. He literally went from chasing me to this. I just don't understand it. Should I send another message? The last message I sent got read but no reply.

Michelle ma Belle

This is the problem with long distance especially in the very beginning stages.

I don't think YOU did anything wrong. To think that showing interest in him has somehow put him over the edge is unfounded and quite frankly not worth your precious time worrying over. And if it really did send him running for the hills after all his chasing then doesn't that say so much about the kind of man he is? Do you really want to chase someone who is so damn fickle?

You owe each other nothing at the end of the day. You sent him a message he did not respond to despite having read it. Says a lot in my humble opinion. The ball is in his court now leave it there and go on with your life. He knows where you are if/when he changes his mind or realizes what a butthole he's been.

In the meantime, continue on with your life.

Godspeed.

When he gets back to you with a message... and you're both online at the same time, ask him why he wanted to keep in touch with you: was it to have a contact based in the US to return to? Or was it to get hints on how to move to the US, or to have a local friend showing him around when he comes back? He'll have to let you know. Then you'll decide if it's worth talking to him.