Long distance relationship with flight attendant feeling too difficult

So I thought i was okay with having my girlfriend only see me once a month or once every other month for 2 weeks in average. I love her and we have been together for 1 year but now im starting to question this. First of all, i dont see perspectives of when this will change. And second of all, i thought i had accepted her lifestyle. Being constantly around so many people and spwcially guys bothers me a little. Especially when she drinks on layovers. I know she drinks a lot and i know how friendly she is especially when she drinks. I would even say flirty. And i dont like this on her personality. I ve always told her that i dont like when she gets drunk and she has indeed reduced the nights she drinks, but always keeps saying i have nothing to worry about, that she loves me and would never cheat on me. I just dont know... Can i trust someone like that? Her past is also extremely dirty.

So its the distance and her lifestyle. Also, we have some fights do to her personality wheb we are together. The girl messes with my heart though. I feel really stringly towards her and am afraid ill be giving up the love of my life if a give up on her.but it is so complicated. I just wish we could give it a break until we can maybe live on the same place ( her base) or at least somewhere she flies to so we can see each other frequently and we dont need to wait 1-2 or even 3 months until she can get a vacation to see me. I ve started trying to tell her my doubts and she just didnt understand. Seems like she ll want to cut me from her life if i tell her i want to go back to dating and taking it slower until we are in other conditions. :( i dont know what to do ..

• Author

Let me emphasize that she says she d rather just cut me off from her life because she loves me too much and says that i am the man of her life so that it d be too painful to just go back to dating with less compromise. She has lied about her past in a couple situations though. I just dont know if i can trust her. And if i should. Anyone help? Im just so confused.

• 3 months later...
  • Author

Any suggestions of what i should do? Keep giving it a try (even though it gets more serious) or give up on her and move on?

I think all signs point towards the fact that you should leave. Even flight attendants who are honest, sober, and decent people experience difficulty with maintaining long term relationships. It's just a sad part of that particular profession. When you throw her lies and excessive drinking and fights in the picture, it's pretty much a non-salvageable situation IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like this is one flight that's already on the runway only your trapped in security hoping it's still at the gate. If it were me I'd break it off and go my own way. It can only be very difficult to date someone you have so little time with coupled by the fact you said she drinks a lot. I personally tend to stay away from ladies that drink too much.

I wouldn't worry about "the love of your life" believe me there's lot of other ladies out there that work more typical jobs and hours close by I'm sure.