Her or my career... :(

I love her so much. She makes me a better person. When I am with her I am happy. I want to join the military, she knew that when we first started dating but i think she didnt think much of it, its only until i applied that i think it has all become real to her.

She told me that she loves me and will be there for me whatever i decide to do, whether that means as my partner or friend. She wants me to be happy and she doesnt want to put me in the position of choosing the career or her. She told me that perhaps we are not compatible long term as we have different goals. I want to join the military, she wants that type of life where both parties work in the same city and come home to the same house every night with plans of raising a family. She told me what when I leave we will have to break up because she needs to find someone that shares the same goals as her... she said she wishes that person was me, but it cant be if i go to the military. I cant stand the thought of her with someone else. I dont know what to do, i want her and i want the career. Is it really worth throwing her away for the career? This hurts so much and is probably the hardest thing ive ever had to do. Do i stay here in our city and begin to build a life with her or do i go to the military like what ive always wanted? What would you do?

I'm really confused.

In your first thread here, you are 19 years old and just starting to date men.

Are you now a lesbian involved with a woman who doesn't want you to join the military?

Regardless of your gender or sexual affiliation, if you truly are still 19 years old, go with the career; you are way too young to be worrying about making a life-altering decision because of a relationship. You will have LOTS more.

• Like 2

Follow your career paths. There will always be another relationship but you have a finite amount of time to join the military.

Most relationships that start at 19 don't last. The skills you develop through service will last a lifetime.

• Like 1