Long-Distance Courting?

I flew to my brother's house for a big christmas party with extended family. I met a girl there who also travelled for the occasion and we just clicked, spending all day together and mostly ignoring the people we'd travelled a long way to visit - dad was pissed! :p

I'm more attracted to her than I've ever been with anyone but laying awake all night decided not to get into an LDR, resolving to send a friend request on facebook after going home (the next day), but not take it any further.

While I was travelling home she asked someone for my phone number and we've been texting occasionally for a month now, just as friends, but I'm getting more attracted and I think she feels the same way.

I've decided to take it to the next level but not by text message, I want to spend more time with her in person first.

She lives an 8 hour drive away and we're both in small cities, with no direct flights available. Indirect flights also take 8 hours.

My plan is to visit someone further away (I've been putting it off visiting an old friend for years now...) and ask to spend the night at her house, since she's on the way and it's a full day driving from my city. And of course I'll have a return trip as well.

I'm 28 and have only been in one serious relationship, I've been single for two years and before that had a girlfriend for 5 years, which also started as a brief LDR before she moved in with me.

She's already mentioned she doesn't particularly like the city she lives in, but she's a career girl and will live wherever the best jobs are available - which probably isn't where I live. I already work from home a couple days a week and have colleagues who work from interstate and even overseas, so I could move without quitting my job - although long term I'd prefer to find a new job.

So we're going to spend a night together and I want to get as close as possible without putting her under any pressure. I'm thinking of bringing a gift, something a bit nicer than I'd give to a friend, then just spend the night talking or whatever, see where things lead.

Thoughts? I'm nervous about creating an uncomfortable situation in her home.

So we're going to spend a night together and I want to get as close as possible without putting her under any pressure.

LOL... Just how do you think that is going to happen?

Seriously, you don't see a conflict with the first half of the above sentence and the second?

Best,

TMichaels