is this a LDR?

The girl im dating/hopefully about to become bf/gf with, lives a good 40 minute drive from my town, its about 30 miles away.

She was saying the other day how she swore she would never do LDR again after her and her ex broke up (he lived about 1.5 hour drive away, 70 miles ish.

No im not sure if she was saying we are LDR, to me 30 miles is nothing and its not hard to get there.

Would anyone else class this as LDR?

WonderWoman911

A 40 minute drive, I wouldn't consider that a LDR. But I think she thinks it is being as though she brought up her past relationship to you about that matter. Just ask her now if she feel as though the distance between the two of you would be an issue. You don't want to invest your time and energy if this isn't going to go anywhere.

Neither of those are LDRs IMO. To me to qualify as a LDR there must be 4+ hours between you or you need to board a plane to see each other.

Most people I know commute more than 40 minutes to work.

• Like 2

It definitely isn't. My last boyfriend lived about 50 miles away - in the city where I worked and drove to every day. While we were able to have more lunch dates than most people would living that far apart, the majority of our time together was on weekends or times when we would plan little trips during the week. It wasn't a big deal at all to make the short drive to spend a weekend together, but that could be just me since I was used to driving that far every day for work.

Would anyone else class this as LDR?
It's by no means a LDR. It might turn into a DR, if you don't see her often.

My man works 62 miles from home and goes to work 5 days a week. Occasionally more than that. Part by car, part by train. If you can do it for a job, why not for a girlfriend??