I'm very insecure in this LDR

He has given me no reason to doubt him - I trust him with regards to being faithful to me and everything like that. But I do feel that he isn't as attentive as he probably should be.

I always say I miss him and he very rarely says it first to me...I am usually the one to say "I love you" first. He says it more in person than over messages and texts/Skype etc.

He seems less attentive than he was at the beginning of the relationship. He recently told me he thinks I contact him too much...since then I have tried to lessen the amount of times I text him during the day. He said he prefers it that way. We also now Skype every other day, instead of everyday as we used to.

I am lucky as I see him every two/three weeks. But the distance and time in between is still an issue for me. He seems to handle it better than me...he can get on with his life and do things without thinking about it or about the relationship. I suppose it's become bigger in my head for some reason.

I know he's a man and men do tend to handle these things differently. But I am getting the feeling that he might be getting bored or that it isn't as serious for him anymore.

sdrawkcaB ssA

Sounds like you are at the point of seeing what you really want, and are dissatisfied that your LDR is not providing it properly.

You can pull away and take time to softly disconnect your attachment, while watching how he reacts. Not that you need to play games, just get yourself to be at the same level while noting where his level is. Once you see how different your expectations were in the relationship, you can judge what needs to be done. Telling him he has to be more open and show he cares, is not what you need. Nor will it be as honest to your needs.

Unfortunately, he didn't get the main point (so I hope he's really young). The main point is if she loses interest, he's scr--ed.

Most, if not all, r/ships are much more lovey dovey and attentive in the beginning during the honeymoon period, if things are going well it tends to go into a more comfortable phase where you feel secure and don't need to keep declaring your love.

He may feel a bit suffocated if you are always saying you miss him, if things are said over and over they tend to lose meaning and not be as special, people in LDR's need space same as other couples, as in head space, space to do their own thing as well as be part of a couple.

Some people just aren't very expressive, they find it easier to be expressive early ln in the r/ship when enthusiasm is at its highest. Not voicing it doesn't necesarily mean they don't feel it anymore.

But yes it can also mean they want out of the r/ship.

How about giving him the opportuntity to contact you more, don't initiate it so much.

He has given me no reason to doubt him - I trust him with regards to being faithful to me and everything like that. But I do feel that he isn't as attentive as he probably should be.

I always say I miss him and he very rarely says it first to me...I am usually the one to say "I love you" first. He says it more in person than over messages and texts/Skype etc.

He seems less attentive than he was at the beginning of the relationship. He recently told me he thinks I contact him too much...since then I have tried to lessen the amount of times I text him during the day. He said he prefers it that way. We also now Skype every other day, instead of everyday as we used to.

I am lucky as I see him every two/three weeks. But the distance and time in between is still an issue for me. He seems to handle it better than me...he can get on with his life and do things without thinking about it or about the relationship. I suppose it's become bigger in my head for some reason.

I know he's a man and men do tend to handle these things differently. But I am getting the feeling that he might be getting bored or that it isn't as serious for him anymore.