Cut off cold turkey

I am new to this board. I have been dating someone for 7 months and he moved away 6 weeks ago. I have gone to see him twice, at his invitation. Things went well. The other night, he said I will call you tomorrow not because I have to but because I want to. Then he didn't call. That was last night. I called him and left a message asking if anything was wrong and no return call. I emailed him asking the same thing, and no email back. He has never done this. I think he is trying to dump me and is a coward about it. I wish he would just talk to me. I would be reasonable, I'm just sort of hurt by this kind of behavior. What do you all think about it and do you think I should do anything else . .. I am really miserable about this.

mary

Give it a little more time. How would you feel if he did call back only to confess that a family member was ill/injured? Pretty crummy, right? So before jumping to conclusions, give him the bennie of the doubt.

I'm not saying he may not be dumping you, just try to give it a little more time. THEN make a solid assumption, based on the info you have. Good luck.

Ya i agree, u need a bit more time to be sure of what is going on. i mean one day i lost my cell phone and at the same time was not able to reach a comp for awile. i had a full mailbox on my cell all cus i was usually accessable within 24 hours day and night. Boy how bad my bf felt when he found out that all those accusations where misplased

• Author

You were right, he was working and lost power on his cell phone. BUt we did talk about our feeling about our LDR and it made me feel better. Its sometimes good to admit you are scared about things. He understands that I need a bit more attention and I understand that he needs a bit more room to move, so to speak.

thanks for all your help. This isn't easy, but I think if you love someone, its worth trying.

Mary