IS IT WORTH IT? you can reply in short....

My boyfriend just graduated from the university I go to. He stayed for about six months staying at my place working on campus with a Department and currently waiting til their new position gets posted so he can apply and get that job. However, the new position might not be put up til this following year...

He took the option of going back home which is about two and a half hours away because its a waste being with at the university now that his working contract has ended. Without money he can't pay for anything and I tried helping him out, but I'm like many others am a poor college student.

My mom and dad say that I should break up with him. He was after all my first and I adore him and appreciate him. That sad thing is, I don't think I love him. But I do think he is amazing and I do want him happy. I just wish he was here with me and not at home with so much liberty with nothing to do. And I wish I could go visit him. But my parents are super strict. Imagine what they thought when I told them the truth about him being my first...

He says he doesn't know when he is coming back. Especially since he isn't positive he is going to get the job.

Do you think its a waste waiting for him to come back? Or should I move on? Any advice? :/

You say you dont love him.

2 hours is nothing my 60 year old mother drives to and back from work everyday 2 hours each way.

• Like 2

If you don't love him why are you still together?

Or are you telling yourself you don't love him because the distance is hard to deal with?

Are you saying you'd be waiting a year before you could live closer? If that's the case then only *you* know if it's worth it. A year to me would be nothing if you're going to spend your whole lives together.

My boyfriend just graduated from the university I go to. He stayed for about six months staying at my place working on campus with a Department and currently waiting til their new position gets posted so he can apply and get that job. However, the new position might not be put up til this following year...

He took the option of going back home which is about two and a half hours away because its a waste being with at the university now that his working contract has ended. Without money he can't pay for anything and I tried helping him out, but I'm like many others am a poor college student.

My mom and dad say that I should break up with him. He was after all my first and I adore him and appreciate him. That sad thing is, I don't think I love him. But I do think he is amazing and I do want him happy. I just wish he was here with me and not at home with so much liberty with nothing to do. And I wish I could go visit him. But my parents are super strict. Imagine what they thought when I told them the truth about him being my first...

He says he doesn't know when he is coming back. Especially since he isn't positive he is going to get the job.

Do you think its a waste waiting for him to come back? Or should I move on? Any advice? :/

• Like 1

Or are you telling yourself you don't love him because the distance is hard to deal with?

That was the first thing I thought of too...

• Like 1