Worried when he come face to face that he will think differently of me.

*ukie-cutie*

I met this man 8 months ago, & he lives in England, & I live in Canada, we have fallen madly in love with one another. He has a wedding to go to this upcoming November, and he is willing after the wedding to come visit me down here in my city. I am truly excited about this, because if things go well, we are willing to go & see each other when we have money saved up & so forth, & we truly do want a future together, so we are both willing to relocate if we had to, to be together. Well the thing I need advice for is in the back of my mind . . What if he comes down here, takes one look at me, & finds me very unattractive, or is disappointed? And that he finds flying all the way down here to meet me was a mistake? I worry about these type of things. He always tells me when I bring this up that it will never happen, because looks are not everything to him, he say's he has fallen in love with me for everything that I am. And that he can only see when the time comes that he has to return to England, that he will be heart-broken, because he will be leaving the love of his life, as well as his soul-mate me. We are both very commited to each other, he as well is everything that I have always wanted. He is a very romantic man, & sent me flowers, and a teddy-bear, bought me a bracelet, I as well have sent things in return, we as well talk each & everyday, send each other's videos, sound clips, go on cam, & so forth.

The day I meet him I think I will be incredibly nervous and well in the back of my mind thinking . . . "Well what if he doesn't like me." What can I do to calm these fears? Why is this always in the back of my mind? I just want to be everything he expected me to be, not a disappointment. Any type of advice would be truly helpful.

"distance will be the last thing on our minds as the rainfalls and we are in eachothers arms. xoxoxo."

What might happen is that you won't 'click'. And if that takes place, usually both people feel the same way so it won't be totally a disaster. However, you've both seen each other 'live' on video and cam so you won't be complete surprises to one another. I expect you'll have a grand time!

Ok, I know exactly how you feel. My Fiancee lives in Jakarta, Indonesia. I remember the first time I went there I was so nervous. But It will pass. All you have to do, Is be yourself. To be honest, Don't worry so much about not clicking our whatever because as long as you both are truthful to eachother from the start of the relationship then there is nothing to worry about. The jitters about meeting is absolutely normal. I was very quiet when I first met my fiance, but after about 20 min it was perfect. Just takes time toget over the nervousness and shock that you are actually with that person. My advice, Is try to carry on conversation, and just be yourself, as long as your both honest, then your love will blossom further like mine has. I wish you the best. Hope this helps..

--Kage

I've been there. My bf and I talked for about 8 months online (chatted, talked on the phone, got on webcams, etc.) before we met in real life. We live 4000 miles apart so when I finally took a vacation to where he lives... we met. And... it was.. nerve racking.. but wonderful. I was so worried he'd hate the way i looked in real life... I've always been insecure and i was honestly terrified of what his reaction would be. But... i think he was really impressed. And, to tell you the truth, I've never been with anyone (friends, family members, or partners) who've made me feel so good about myself.. on the inside as well as the out. I was so confident when I was with him and secure with the way i looked. I loved it.. the feeling was amazing.

However, the first 20 mins or so when we met were awkward and I almost started to think we weren't gonna fit.. but then we both calmed down and got back to being our real selves.. the selves that mixed so well online. Our personalities fit and we love spending time with each other.. and it was the same way in real life... actually, i take that back... it was even better.

Don't be nervous... at least he's already fallen for you, so when he sees you, you'll appear even more beautiful to him than you would have anyway. Just be confident and be yourself.. be happy and fun... if he already likes who you are and little things about you.. then you're just going to amaze him in real life. Have fun :)