Looking for LDR songs!

I'm a huge music junkie and music is my best therapy. It helps me get through my LDR when i start to get down or miss him. So, i'm in search for some good LDR songs. Wondering if anyone knows of any good ones out there. LDR and good love songs in general, thanks for your help. :)

sportsloving

There is a new country one by Jimmy Wayne called You Are....

Check out the words ;)

MollyBloom

"Ain't Misbehavin'" is a song about long-distance love done by a lot of those old jazzy vocalist (Ella Fitzgerald is the best!)

The Beatles did a lot of songs that apply. "All My Loving" is one of them.

"I Will Wait" by Hootie and the Blowfish is a good long distance song

Jimmy Buffett wrote "Come Monday" about being apart from his girlfriend (now wife). It's not about being apart long-term, but it still applies...

"Get Here When You Can"

and I can't remember the artists' name!!!

"There are hills and mountains between us....always something to get over.... if I had my way...surely you would be closer....."

anyone recognize this one?

I had a LDR and this song just brought me to tears....

another kind of cool one is Brand New Colony by Postal Service...

it is kind of cool because i interepreted it as if he is singing it about when a couple finally gets to be together.

shortbus74

I am with DerangedAngel.... Here Without You!! :love:

And I would like to add Elton John.... Guess Thats Why They Call It The Blues....... :love: the lyrics are awesome................ :bunny:

Originally posted by dyermaker

The Cure's Lovesong. Not the 311 one.

Are you thinking of the one called "Wish You Were Here"?

Originally posted by Karlise13

"Get Here When You Can"

and I can't remember the artists' name!!!

"There are hills and mountains between us....always something to get over.... if I had my way...surely you would be closer....."

anyone recognize this one?

I had a LDR and this song just brought me to tears....

The name of the song is actually "Get Here." I LOVE this song. It's been done by several artists. I think Oleta Adams may be the original artist. Here's the lyrics:

http://history.sandiego.edu/gen/snd/gethere.html

reasontosigh
Originally posted by ladyangel

Are you thinking of the one called "Wish You Were Here"?

No, he might not be. There is a song (a very good one, by the way) called "Lovesong". The lyrics can be found here:

http://www.thecure.com/ALL%20CURE%20LYRICS%20html%20Folder/1988-1990words.html

You'll have to scroll down the page a bit - I think it's the third one down.

Originally posted by reasontosigh

No, he might not be. There is a song (a very good one, by the way) called "Lovesong". The lyrics can be found here:

http://www.thecure.com/ALL%20CURE%20LYRICS%20html%20Folder/1988-1990words.html

You'll have to scroll down the page a bit - I think it's the third one down.

You're right. The one I was thinking of is Pink Floyd...oops. Not exactly a love song. :confused:

• Author

Thanks so much all of you! I especially like 3 Doors Down, "Here Without You" and The Cure, "Lovesong" These will all help me get through some rough times, thanks again, you guys are the greatest! :D

whispering_willoww

maybe it would be wierd but "I will always love you", the whitney houston version is good and "never too far away" by mariah carey,"I believe in you and me" by whitney houston, for all the ladies "She is his only need" by Wynonna, and the mack daddy of them all (for me at least) "Officially Missing You" by Tamia....that one makes me cry so bad especially since my baby just left Monday night :( and i'm so sad, i love him and miss him so much and that one just hits it on the head.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok this one may be an oldie, but here goes (laugh if ya wanna)...

Richard Marx, Right here waiting.

Martin Guerrini

Try "Meet me in my dreams tonight" by Brian Wilson.

Also "So far away" by Rod Stewart (this a song written by Carole King)

whispering_willoww

I have one other one that I cry my eyes out to, don't know if that's what you are looking for, but the words are amazing. It is Elaborate Lives from elton john and tim rice's AIDA. Buy it download it whatever the song describes my situation perfectly.

Moderators Note: please see our terms of service regarding copyrighted material: http://www.loveshack.org/info/terms/