Having a rough time...

I don't even know where I am going with this post.... I think I just need to talk, and no one I know understands... I would also like to know if anyone out there has experience with anything that I mention.

To start things off, My guy got into a car accident on Saturday, my birthday. And I am pretty much an emotional wreck at the moment. We've been 'together' for around 5 months, and he lives overseas, so my family and friends don't really understand why I am as upset about it as I am.... they don't understand how I can feel so much about someone I have yet to meet in person. Which is another factor, we had just been talking the night before his accident about my flying over to see him. He had to go before we could make any concrete plans, but promised that he would be back later, so we could finish our plans, and he didn't want to miss talking to me on my birthday. That's the last time I talked to him.... I got a fairly impersonal generalized message from his friend telling me about his accident about halfway through the day. He said that he was in a car accident, and has a 'hard head injury, and secondary memory loss', but the doctor said that he will be fine in a few days, and nothing is broken. He has just moved to a different country, so online is the only way we are able to communicate at the moment.... and he's not on speaking terms with his family, so I have no way of talking to anyone! And It's driving me crazy. I need to know more, and no one is getting back to me.....

All I want to know is what their definition of 'fine' is....if he's conscious, how long he will be in the hospital, when he will be able to talk to me again.... and I know that he's probably worried that I am worried about him... because he knows me so well that he would just, well, know how worried I am about everything.

Does anyone have any experience with head injuries? How long is a person usually in the hospital from it? And secondary memory loss... what's that? :/

justwhoiam

Hi,

How did his friend know about your contact? Were you already in touch with him before the accident?

Also, contact this friend and ask for more details:

1) name of the hospital

2) room #

3) name of the doctor (he talked to?)

With such information available, you can call the hospital and reach the doctor, and introduce yourself as patient X's girlfriend, telling him you already talked to <name of friend> and wanted to have news about your bf state.

As simple as that.

Regarding similar accidents... I guess something similar happened to someone I know. She was hit by a van with consequent temporary memory loss. I went to the hospital to see how she was, and she wouldn't know who I was (and we were close relatives). She didn't know why she was there, and couldn't recognize people. It looked serious, and her family was in shock not knowing if and when she could get back to normal. After a few days, she was back to remembering everything, except for the accident itself. That's pretty common, because it usually is a matter of seconds when you get hit to even remember about it.

donnabella8

Please be VERY careful. This has all the earmarks of a scam. The fact that you are already considering him a boyfriend after only knowing him online for 5 months and never meeting, that he "had to go" before you could make concrete plans to visit him, then he had the "accident" and his "friend" (who may very well be your "boyfriend" himself) contacting you, him not being in touch with his family (leaving you no means of getting in touch with him), etc. If your next communication from the "friend" or "boyfriend" is that he needs money for medical bills, or anything else, please see the huge warning signs and heed them.

I truly hope I'm wrong, but this just isn't sitting right with me. Be careful, keep your eyes open and listen to your instincts.