Would like to attempt an LDR with this girl, but I don't know how to go about it

so i met this girl through tumblr (which imo is a better mingling site than any dating website out there, in its own way).

we live in two different states, albeit ones that are fairly close to one another, roughly a 7 hour drive at most. anyway, when we 'met' we got along right off the bat. she's openly stated she has a "mad crush" on me, always calls me things like "dork", "babe", "sweetheart", says I'm "adorable" all the time, has said before that she'd come cuddle with me if she could, etc etc.

I think she knows I'm into her too but the thing is, I just don't know where to go from here. There's seemingly a mutual "thing" here, even if we've never actually met in person. but we text a lot, message all the time, and keep in touch.

i just don't know where to go from here i guess. i don't want to sit by and let this turn into nothing more than an online back-and-forth without even trying but i also don't want to make it weird.

then again, given what all I've said here, would she find it sweet if I proposed a kind of relationship? Maybe set up a week or something where we can arrange a get-together? Find a halfway point to meet at perhaps?

i like her a lot, and would really love for something to come of all this. we get along great, have a ton in common, and it all just FEELS right albeit for the distance part. how should i approach the subject? would it be a safe idea proposing a kind of fun little "skype date" or something?

I am just so clueless. For as much as she calls me pet names and likes all my facebook photos and even outright says "I have a mad crush on you", I STILL can't convince myself she really likes me that way and wouldn't be uncomfortable if I outright said I want to be her boyfriend.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Skyping would be perfectly acceptable. Skype will help determine if it's worth the gas money and your travel time.

Meet first before asking for a relationship. The sooner the better.

I'd make the whole 7 hour trip if I intended on relocating to her city in the future if/when the relationship gets serious. Leave 6AM, lunch date at 1PM, leave at 3PM & get back home by 10PM. Or get a room for you to spend the night if it's a dinner date. I'd definitely make sure she's real (via Skyping and Googling) before traveling: lots of Catfish out there wasting people's time & attention.

Edited by Col1
  • Author
cllrghsts

not to worry about the 'real' part, i can verify that much at least, despite having not yet skyped.

one more thing to note here is that the distance issue might not be one for long, if something works out. I'm looking to relocate soon as possible and I'm not dead set on any place in particular, and have nothing to lose by leaving my current location so there's that, too, should things work out.

It'd actually be a blessing, moving away as my current location is an absolute dead-end.