Chat, call, mails frequency?

How often do you contact your partner?

When I came home to visit him. He calls me all the time as if he can't get enough of me. He loves me, he spoiled me. But as soon as we go back to the long distance situation, with 5 hours difference, he just focuses on his own life.

I understand he does not like Facebook, he is an active guy so he hates sitting in a computer. He thinks its a waste of time, that we should only talk for a while then get back to whatever task we are supposed to do.

He would prefers to have beer and talk to people he sees pretty much everyday, neighbors, house mates, work colleagues.

We quarrel so much because I like to spend time with him even though we do not have anything delightful to tell each other.

I always end up thinking that we don't match and imagining bad scenarios.

Life'sGood

We talk on a daily basis. Sometimes, when we don't have anything to say to each other, we would play a game together. Like word game, draw something. Our time difference is only 2 hours though. The time suits us really well. Maybe you and your SO can figure something out to make LDR more interesting?

HeavenOrHell

We talk on the phone most days and online, but the amount of time varies from 20 mins to about 3 hours (the latter is at weekends), on average I would say an hour a day altogether. We send facebook messages as well. Length of time we talk depends how tired/stressed we are, I don't expect him to sit online for hours as he's online all day at work, also we don't often have long phone calls as he's not a talkative person. We tend to to and fro online every eve (just typing, not camera), and all afternoon/eves at weekends, ie we leave skype open, so we know the other is about, so sometimes we chat here and there, other times we have longer/proper chats.

My partner sounds similar to yours in that he just gets on with his life there, but when we're together he's so loving, and spoils me.

He's a loner and doesn't have a social life apart from seeing his parents, I'm the one with the social life, we're both busy with work in the day, I often feel like he doesn't miss or need me as he's not demonstrative when apart, he's a closed person, and it's something I struggle with and he knows it, he focusses on his life there and stays positive about us rather than thinking about missing me, which can seem like he doesn't care, but I think it's just his way of making the best of the situation, so maybe your guy is too?

In a way it's probably a good thing as the happier he is, the more able he will be to handle the stresses of an LDR. It's not a good thing if one or both of you are finding the distance hard and missing each other too much, I am going through this now and it must worry my partner knowing I am feeling like this, he'll be anxious that I want out, so the happier we are in our day to day lives the more likely we are to remain strong enough to deal with an LDR.

How often do you talk?

There does need to be compromise here for things to work.

How often do you contact your partner?

When I came home to visit him. He calls me all the time as if he can't get enough of me. He loves me, he spoiled me. But as soon as we go back to the long distance situation, with 5 hours difference, he just focuses on his own life.

I understand he does not like Facebook, he is an active guy so he hates sitting in a computer. He thinks its a waste of time, that we should only talk for a while then get back to whatever task we are supposed to do.

He would prefers to have beer and talk to people he sees pretty much everyday, neighbors, house mates, work colleagues.

We quarrel so much because I like to spend time with him even though we do not have anything delightful to tell each other.

I always end up thinking that we don't match and imagining bad scenarios.

Edited by HeavenOrHell
  • Author
ldrgirl000

My boyfriend does not call me anymore. He says phone is too expensive, but he does not initiate Skype and other chat things.

He is becoming very defensive. Also on the move, doing something until 10 pm.

Maybe he is seeing more opportunities but not so sure to break up.