Have a couple questions about my LDR...

okay, ill give everyone a little background story, my boyfriend is 17 (turning 18) and im 15, he lives in Australia and im in Canada. we have been together for 3 months (4 on the 24th) we met on a random chat site called Omegle and talked for a while, thinking he was interesting i gave him my KIK (kik messenger) and we went from there. We hit it off right away, within the first month we made plans for him to come here permamently once he was done school. we have everything planned and every detail set out perfectly, he has even said that he fully plans on marrying me when we are old enough. about 3 weeks in he decided to tell his mom about us, she was absiloutly estatic for us and that ive changed him, he is always happy and "bouncy" (as she put it) and is totally okay with us dating. then i told my parents... well lets just say about total opposite reaction, when i told them they were like okay thats fine have fun, thinking nothing of it i continued on, then one night i went downstairs to grab some water and heard them talking about me, so i listened and the jist of it was that they think he is playing with me, not australian, not coming to canada, and screwing every girl he can get his hands on. they are totally wrong but moving on with the story, since then we have been skyping a lot and he has even talked to my grandma a couple times and she absiloutly adores him. and one night i had to leave earlier than usual and the look on his face was heart breaking, he looked so sad and upset. and within the past couple weeks he has been really sad, we were skyping another time and he said how he just wanted to hug me and hold me, even for a second and he literally burst out into tears... i feel so bad for him.. he knows that he will come and see me once he is done school and it is certain that we will meet but he still gets depressed. so really all im asking about is,

1. how to change my parents opinion of my boyfriend

2. how to soften the hurting of my bf, he really loves me and wants to be with me and i was hoping for suggestions on how to make him feel better

Quote from his this morning: "i just want to be holding you and not a f***ing pillow! :'( im sick of this! its not soon! i want it now! right now! i want you... right here... in my arms... now... right now... :'("

thanks for looking and i hope you can give me ideas or suggestions

-Vivanna

Hi Vivanna,

You both are very young. I understand your parents hesitations as they want you to be safe. They love you and want you to be happy, but they are also cautious considering you met your boyfriend off the internet and you are only 15 years old. I am much older than you and when I was your age, I felt that my parents didn't understand. But you'll realize that they do want you to be happy but they are also there to protect you. Keep talking to them and perhaps have your parents talk to you boyfriend over skype so they can get to know him as well. They will see for themselves the kind of person he is.

In terms of your boyfriend, this is what a LDR is all about. Sometimes you just can't have it now. It's hard and LDR are not for the faint of heart. He has a choice to see things positively, each day is one day closer to when he gets to see you. Or he can choose to dwell about having to wait.

Keep safe,

Cherry.

I know what will make me feel closer to him: wearing a t-shirt he wore with his smell on it. So he said he's going to send it tomorrow. It'll keep me company at night until next time we meet. We too live in different continents, so it's not that we can meet whenever...

See if you can send him a big t-shirt he can wear and that you previously wore on. I guess he might like it.

By the way, keep the boyfriend thing for when you two meet for real. It's good to know what you want out of this relationship, but he should become your boyfriend after you meet. If you want to be taken more seriously. I'm not saying you should have other guys on the side, just take it slow and let others understand it's going to be a serious thing and not just a crush. Though you're only 15, and talking about marriage seems a bit too early.

Hey,

I can definitely relate to your story in several ways. I'm in an LDR also, my girlfriend is still in high school, and I'm in college. My parents are very supportive, however, hers aren't so much. Prior to me going to see her last January, they absolutely despised the idea of us being together. They thought a lot of the same things. I'm some pervert, not from where I say I am, screwing everything with a pulse, playing her, etc. I legit probably heard it all. However, after they met me (even though they probably hated to admit it) they thought I was pretty cool and were glad that I was in her life, and now they even keep in touch with me from time to time, and look forward to my next visit. But it definitely sucks being on the recieving end of those blows. You should see about having them talk to him so they're more comfortable with the idea...cause I can understand where they are coming from. I mean, parents hear all the horror stories about online dating, and fail to realize that that's kind of where a lot of people turn now. You still should be safe about it, and try to understand where they are coming from too. As for your boyfriend, I've been in his exact shoes. It kills not being able to be there phsyically, but that's just a struggle of LDR. Me and my girlfriend exchanged pillow pets with each others "scents" on them. My girlfriend loves it, and I have to admit I love the one she got me too. It definitely helps on those lonely nights.

Best of luck.

• Like 1
  • Author
I know what will make me feel closer to him: wearing a t-shirt he wore with his smell on it. So he said he's going to send it tomorrow. It'll keep me company at night until next time we meet. We too live in different continents, so it's not that we can meet whenever...

See if you can send him a big t-shirt he can wear and that you previously wore on. I guess he might like it.

By the way, keep the boyfriend thing for when you two meet for real. It's good to know what you want out of this relationship, but he should become your boyfriend after you meet. If you want to be taken more seriously. I'm not saying you should have other guys on the side, just take it slow and let others understand it's going to be a serious thing and not just a crush. Though you're only 15, and talking about marriage seems a bit too early.

guess i didnt explain the marriage thing very well haha, its just a cute think he says to me, kind of his way of saying that he is devoted to me that much... and thank you for your advice, im planning on taking it quite slow since im a little bit of a shy person who refuses to rush into things :)