New on here meeting LDR for first time next week

deepend2000

Hey guys!

I have been lurking on here for a while reading everyones stories thought I would post mine! So I have been calling/skyping texting etc with my LDR partner for about 4 months now and will be flying over for a hol and visit next week!!!

We have both met eachothers parents (through skype) and mutual friends etc and I cant believe in a week we will be catching up! After reading everyones posts I can really relate to a lot that LDR couples go through. I never thought I would find myself in this situation and I guess it just came out of nowhere lol. :D

I guess LDR (even if you are yet to meet) can be like any other relation ship in my experience where it could either work out or not, and maybe people just need to take that leap of faith when deciding if a LDR would workout for themselves. I will be posting on here again once I am back to let you all know how it went. We are both very much alike and talk for hours everyday (I normally hate talking on the phone, I have for the last 8 years or so) weird hey! Im 29 and she is 24. AUS - US

Thanks for reading! :)

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
can i ask have you guys skyped or spoken on the phone and how often you guys speak?

Read the original post.

Ooh I hope all is going well I am going to be doing the same thing soon as well, flying from NZ to the US for a holiday and to go on our week long date lol...Any advice you can pass on about the first meeting let me know. Ha ha I am the same about the phone thing too.