Things are different after distance is no longer an issue

juststarry6443

We have been together for over 2 years now. I went to high school with him and I was moving out of state before we got the chance to watch our relationship blossom. But he wanted to make it work and asked me out the day I was suppose to leave. He was that guy --brave, spontaneous, and determined. Our LDR was nearly perfect in my eyes. We made sure we called each other every night before bed and every morning when we woke up. He was very committed to us and our relationship. He hardly wanted to go out and hang out with friends just be there for me. Saved any money he had from selling candy at school to buy a ticket to see me twice and drive to me twice!! He spoiled me to death. He was so ambitious and just driven to do the impossible and I admired him so much for that.

Ever since I moved back into town I immediately saw the difference. It's like he's gotten too comfortable. I told him it's okay if we don't call each other every night anymore because we get to see each other more often now and that's when everything started going downhill. He has anger problems and a big attitude. He's lazy and not willing to participate in anything exciting. Cancels on me last minute. Forgets to text me. Leaves me to smoke/hang with friends. But he knows he's done wrong and I continue to remind him that it has to change. He tells me he will get better and only recently has it slowly but surely gotten better (It took 9 months of me nagging).

But that ambition in him that I admired in him I no longer see. I use to find him inspiring but we're in college now. He quit his job for some stupid job that seems like they never pay him and now he doesn't know what to be. He was training to be a firefighter and seemed to love it but quit to work. Now he has a big ol' beer belly. The only thing he has energy for is love making. And I have realized we live totally and completely different lifestyles. He does the same exact thing every single day --smoke weed, play computer games, and browse Netflix. I freakin' love this man and I am supporting him in anything and everything. Even if I don't get Valentine's Day cards, paying for my own birthday date with him, buying him new clothes, or paying for his gas. I want days where we can just lay there together, talk for hours, do puzzles, or go an adventure.

My love for him wants to believe that this is just a phase and if I truly love him I should stay. But my mind tells me that I should leave and let him have the time to settle things out. But then I think he is my very first boyfriend, I have nearly forgotten what it's like to not have him around, so how would a break up change me?

• Like 1

It sounds like growing up didn't do him any good. Most women have it inside, in their DNAs, they want to help and save anybody... But I guess that at this stage, he needs to be shaken. He loves his routine. And he could go a long time with it. So he needs his toy to be taken away from him. Then maybe he will understand.

Justwhoiam is correct give him a wake up call that you will not take this non sense. This is not any responsible guy for sure. I'm a guy myself and still everything is wrong

• Like 1