I was dating this girl for about 7 months....she lived an hour away and after a while i started feeling like we didnt see each other enough...once a week!....i started making comments about missing her and wanting more time....she said she had no time between school and work...maybe i wasnt understanding enough, but i've been through college and know you can still find time for a relationship if you really care about the person...we broke up, mainly because of her saying she couldnt give me the time i wanted....then the other night she called to say she misses me...its only been 2 weeks...what does that mean? I asked if she was wanting back together and she said not now but she doesnt wanna be cut off because maybe there would be a future chance...dont you think if she really cared she could make time for me? Confused and dont know what i should do...

dont you think if she really cared she could make time for me

Not necessarily. When I was finishing my honours paper for my BA, I had to work flat out for a couple of months. I had to turn down dates with my BF to work. He decided as you did that I wasn't spending enough time with him - so dumped me just before my paper defense. :mad: Sometimes people DO have to work their butts off and it's unfair to punish them for that, IMHO.

aroseInLove

To me, the impact of my decision would be based on IF and WHEN there WILL be time for you... If you can be assured there'll be light at the end of the time tunnel, you'd probably be more than happy to wait it out.. to let her get her A's.. but, pls. ... don't just hold out because she doesn't want to be "cut off"... for the chance of her not finding someone better (sorry) along the way.. That waiting would be more painful than it is right now..

• Author

Well she kinda broke up with me more than i did her...i tried to keep our relationship, but she said she wasnt being fair to me since she was neglecting our relationship...it was kinda mutual, but i wanted to work it out at the same time...she is 4 years younger, at 21, and confused i suppose...

aroseInLove

At 21 I was confused too.. Though I didn't realize it at the time, I only started getting smart at 26.. The sad part is that just maybe the two of you would have been perfect for each other in this world of balancing chemistry with morals and kindness and FUN... and could be that she doesn't see it's true value as it seems you do... You sound like a caring sensitive and open-minded young man who should be valued by someone that is also caring sensitive and open-minded ... and if by chance she matures and is caring sensitive and open-minded things just may turn around.. My daughter is a beautiful 23 y/o double-major grad student that works full time and still would find time and guys all seem to be liars and cheats.. She, as most of us females would, literally find time to move mountains to have a guy like yourself.. but in life, all we do is a matter of 'timing' .... Please place value on your qualities and don't gyp yourself of this FUN time in your youth.. and please don't let it sour you against other females.. and I near guarantee you someone WILL see the light in you.. and NEVER EVER settle for less sweetie.. God Bless..

• Author

Yeah i just dont know how people can act like they love you one minute and then want you out of their life the next...its crazy!