Its so painful trying to forget but cant forget him now on NC from 3 weeks

roshni.agarwal

I am paraplegic girl of 26 years old, i love a guy who proposed me first, promised lot of things and then left me in a middle of nowhere..

he told he loves me and because of his family members he didnt accept me.

then for a couples of time he came back and i accepted him again.

but when the last time he broke up with me it hurt me lot and i decided to deleted him from facebook and there was NC between us but again then he messaged me in my phone when he came to knew that someone in my family was not well... its all long distance relationship..

then there was couple of text we sent each other..

he started reminding me everything we had before and like that before, i was clear to him that i wont come back and i lied that i love someone else which he knew that i was simply lying, then one fine day again i accepted that i love him now also and missed him a lot, this just happened within the fifteen days we started talking again.

then again we have romantic close talks and after that he told me he wants me to be his friends coz anyhow his family members wont accept me.

i dont know what happened to me i started crying over the phone asking that are you leaving me again? and at the same time he also started cry saying i wont leave you, i wont leave you. then we said gud night that's it

then after that night he started sending me friendship message and not talking on text anymore, I asked him what happen? he replied nothing happen,

again and again he sending me forwarded message reminding me as if we are friends and nothing else.. i sent him some cards on courier he text me after getting it he likes it .. i said ok then he didnt reply!

i feel lost again, i am thinking what mistake i have done that he is leaving me again and again. sometimes i feel he love me but when he starts avoiding me i feel like as he never loved me.

I am crying almost every night and i feel i dont want this life because if i was normal girl not disabled then i could have get my true love,

I love him more and i know i cant forget him but i feel i cant be his friends as he asked me for friendship now because i love him... what should i do? please help me!! Its a NC of three weeks and now he stopped messaging also...

Hi Roshni,

These things happen every day to any girl, so it's not just you. I know that won't make you feel better, but just so you can see things in perspective.

I guess your case adds some more drama to the whole picture, because of your condition. This guy seems really in love with you, but being in love in itself cannot be enough in some cases. If his family is not being supportive, he will have to face the world alone, and he's aware that he's not superman. Aging with one's significant other and having to face with one of the two getting some sort of handicap along the way seems more bearable than spending one's whole life with something bigger than yourself. It's not impossible, especially if you have support from your family, but when you're left alone on that and you're 20 something, you can understand if a young man takes a step back.

On the other hand, I'm sure your life would be a real nightmare if you had to be surrounded by people who don't love you or think you ruined their son's life, his life would be a life full of renounces and focused only around you. It wouldn't be healthy for him.

You're still young, see if you can be friends with him. I didn't understand if you ever met him. If you didn't, that would make the relationship very virtual and less real. Try to connect to people who have a different background and supportive families. Be positive. He probably wasn't the right one for you.

• Author
roshni.agarwal
Hi Roshni,

These things happen every day to any girl, so it's not just you. I know that won't make you feel better, but just so you can see things in perspective.

I guess your case adds some more drama to the whole picture, because of your condition. This guy seems really in love with you, but being in love in itself cannot be enough in some cases. If his family is not being supportive, he will have to face the world alone, and he's aware that he's not superman. Aging with one's significant other and having to face with one of the two getting some sort of handicap along the way seems more bearable than spending one's whole life with something bigger than yourself. It's not impossible, especially if you have support from your family, but when you're left alone on that and you're 20 something, you can understand if a young man takes a step back.

On the other hand, I'm sure your life would be a real nightmare if you had to be surrounded by people who don't love you or think you ruined their son's life, his life would be a life full of renounces and focused only around you. It wouldn't be healthy for him.

You're still young, see if you can be friends with him. I didn't understand if you ever met him. If you didn't, that would make the relationship very virtual and less real. Try to connect to people who have a different background and supportive families. Be positive. He probably wasn't the right one for you.

Yes i have had met him twice, he is working on the same place where my treatment is going on, but he didnt talked with me when i was there, he called me when i came back home... and again i met him when we had already broke up for the first time so that time also he didnt talk with me .. i went to meet him in his therapy room there we talked for a while nothing personal just casually but when i came back..he started talking to me. i am not calling him there is NC for about a month, i miss him but i am hurt more coz he left me again! I cry almost every night not finding the solution, i feel because of my disability he left me :(