My girlfriend is feeling the distance.

My girlfriend and I have been in a LDR since August-September of last year. I met her earlier that year, the fact that I had to move for a job made her slightly distant so around August we cut contact briefly from one another. We realized we still had strong feelings for one another.

Since then I've seen her in October, November, and she came out for nearly a month during December - January.

This has been one of the bigger gaps between our long distance relationship. I have not seen her in nearly eight weeks. I will see her in about a week and a half actually, roughly 10 days, but tonight she told me that she felt that she "forgot what it feels for me being there". That dropped my heart.

She still has the same feelings for me, she loves me, she still gets these strong sexual feelings of me. She later expounded and told me that sometimes it feels like us being together physically was so long ago. I'm thinking to myself it has only been less than two months.

The positive thing is that we have an end in sight: May. She is finishing her degree currently and her plan is to be completed in the first week of May. In reality we are about ten weeks away from being together for good. I just believe that between work and school in which she is taking a full course load, she is extremely stressed out.

With that said she talks about how she is reminded of how much she loves me, how she remembers how I smell, our great sex, everything. I recall a week ago her mentioning that she felt the distance between us one day, just being apart, and that is natural. I just don't want us to forget one another.

We communicate on a daily basis. We always are energizing one another and challenging each other. I gave her a challenge to start exercising more and she is enjoying that. She is challenging to do small changes in my life. We learn from each other so I believe we grow together in a positive direction. Of coure I want her to worry about the present, but I am concerned about the future.

This is the same woman that said she wants to have my babies, and honestly I want the same in the future, but for now I just want us to be together. How can I make this work until our end date? She was talking about buying a couch but I think she gets stressed out sometimes about my indecisiveness about making small decisions on items like this (lol) that she is putting it on a low priority right now. Even last week she bought a ticket to come and see me in April. So I will see her for 10 days in March, I will see her for a weekend in April, and I will fly out and see her in May! I'm optimistic but I sometimes wonder about others in LDRs on how they cope as well. Any advice appreciated!

Hello!

Sorry, but, I don't see what's the problem. You just have to be patient for another couple of months! Get busy - sports, friends, books, or even surprise her by learning a little bit more about her interests (like you are alredy doing! :) )

:)

All the best!

• Author
Hello!

Sorry, but, I don't see what's the problem. You just have to be patient for another couple of months! Get busy - sports, friends, books, or even surprise her by learning a little bit more about her interests (like you are alredy doing! :) )

:)

All the best!

It's just hard I guess hearing her say stuff like that like her and I are slowly becoming a memory. I don't want that. We have too many more memories to share together.

ItalianLover25

having friends/interests can help a long distance relationship. my boyfriend and I share recipes, pictures, quotes and ideas. Of course, sometimes it's hard, but you do what you have to/want to in order to make it work!

I think I understand what you, and your girlfriend, are saying. It can be incredibly difficult to go from living life in your current city to having a life with your partner in a different place. It can start to feel like you're living two separate lives even if you're closely connected.

For example, my boyfriend and I both have trouble sleeping the first couple of nights we're in the same bed again - we're both just so used to sleeping alone for longer periods of time. Then we adjust and it feels completely normal again. But there's always that adjustment, every single time. Maybe other couples don't have that, but I just want you (and her, especially) to know that it's normal.

How does she feel about moving? Is she excited, scared, anxious, what? (I'm assuming she is the one moving.)

Some days I really feel the distance and I start to panic. But long distance relationships are not easy and they challenge our personal strength. Just support her and remind her of how wonderful your bond is. You're so, so close to the end.