my ex is acting strange

Ok, I will make my story short..

Me and my ex met 8 months ago on a forum and we instantly got attracted towards each other,.she is from Egypt and I am from India. I am 20 and she is 19.

Within a month we got very close, so close that I told her many of my secrets which I was never going to tell anyone in my life also she told everything about her.

We used to talk a lot through chat, on phone and video chat , there was a time when we used to spend almost 5-6 hrs chatting everyday at night, we used to talk about all the things, I told her I will come for her one day and I was damn serious about that thing , she said she will wait for me...

Everything was going fine till she had exams in Jan, I told her we will not be talking much during her exams as I wanted her to study, but she used to say we will talk atleast for an hour as we did that during my exams in Nov. Eventually we talked less then we thought during her exam, when it was over her behavior changed suddenly, when I asked what happened , she used to say "I am fine, just not feeling well" .

Then she started talking less as days went on, then on 27th Jan I asked her to swear on me and tell me what is happening, she said "I don't think we will ever meet and be together as my parents are very religious and they will never accept it, but I love you a lot and it will never ever change and I want you in my life till the end atleast as a close friend".

I thought about it a lot for 4-5 days then decided to break up even when I loved her most in my life. I did that coz I noticed her behavior changed even more and she started distancing herself, so I thought 'When you love someone you set them free...' and took that decision finally...

I told her, we will not contact with each other from now on.. She said "I still love you a lot and care about you and I don't want you out of my life as you have become too close to me that it will hurt me if you go out of it, you are close to me more than most of my family members".

Now she is saying she has feelings for some other guy ,but she still loves me...

I told her it is bothering me and hurting me and I want to go away from you. She still calls me and e-mails me almost everyday and when I don't reply she gets mad on me and says I am hurting and upsetting her.

Her recent e-mail was, "why are you not understanding, you mean a lot to me, I may have lots of bf's but only one close friend like you and I don't want to lose you".

I just dunno what to do , I cannot stay with her as only friend, it is hurting me like hell and I cannot bear that she will be with someone else and I will be there in her life as just close friend..

She is my first love and most probably last love....

When I read your post it reminded me of myself...

So here's the truth. Almost everyone goes through what you are going through at some point in their life.

It's not easy bro. But if you have feelings for her still, then you need to break contact with her for now for at a least a month or until you truly figured out what it is you want in your life.

Just let her know that you have some personal issues that you need to take care of and you won't be available for awhile... If she tells you that you are hurting her, just say it's unintentional but right now you need time to yourself.

She is my first love and most probably last love....

It feels that way right now. But give it time...