Anyone else really miss their significant other?

Hey, just met my boyfriend of nearly a year about a week ago and he left a few days ago. Best days of my life, but hardest goodbye I've ever had to go through. I love him so much and the next time I'll see him is probably in December, after Christmas. Sometimes it's really just too hard to hold back the tears... Anyone else feeling like this?

LickABattery

I don't feel like this, i do get the feelings of like Sadness, Insecurity etc.

Feeling like you do is a very typical its not exactly like it can be avoided and you will feel like this for awhile maybe days, maybe weeks, But i guess one way you can cheer yourself up is if you look forward to December :3.

You will feel Sad and find it hard to say bye its normal feelings with an LDR the feelings normally go away after awhile.

Anyways i hope you feel better soon :3.

Answear to your Q yes i really really miss my SO >.<

HeavenOrHell

No offence LAB but you've not actually met your partner yet, so you won't miss their presence in the way people who've spent time with their partner will, you won't miss all the things you've done together and want to do again.

Yes, OP I miss my partner. We meet up every 7-8 weeks, been a couple since April last year, when we met IRL. The closer we've got the more I miss him, we're looking to end the distance next year. I don't think I'd want, or be happy in, a r/ship where I went more than 2 months without seeing my partner, but it's manageable meeting up every other month.

I don't feel like this, i do get the feelings of like Sadness, Insecurity etc.

Feeling like you do is a very typical its not exactly like it can be avoided and you will feel like this for awhile maybe days, maybe weeks, But i guess one way you can cheer yourself up is if you look forward to December :3.

You will feel Sad and find it hard to say bye its normal feelings with an LDR the feelings normally go away after awhile.

Anyways i hope you feel better soon :3.

Answear to your Q yes i really really miss my SO >.<

• Author

I can understand where you're coming from. And you're lucky you get to meet up at a consistent frequency. Luckily, I too will be ending the distance at least within a year's span because either A. My family is moving to New York soon for their jobs they're pursuing. Or B. I'll be going to college there. And I'm a senior in high school doing online school so essentially, I can graduate as fast as I want. I really just count my blessings that my boyfriend doesn't live in another country, or worst, that one of us is out to war.

• Author
Если тебя интересуют знакомства для интима в Москве, Санкт-Петербурге и других городах России и ты ищешь приключений - заходи на наш сайт знакомств клуб знакомств. Здесь можно очень быстро найти себе пару для интимных утех, т.к. люди, которые размещают у нас анкеты изначально пришли сюда за тем же, зачем и Вы - найти себе партнера для занятия сексом.

No thanks, I'm fine. ^

HeavenOrHell

You're in an LDR are you? If you don't miss her/him at all why are you with them?

Nope I don't miss mine one bit.
  • Author
You're in an LDR are you? If you don't miss her/him at all why are you with them?

I was just thinking the exact same thing.

I know the pain will ease, but for now I can't help but miss him so much and to think about him quite literally every waking second.

I feel the exact same way as you do, Kaffleine. I recently came back from visiting my boyfriend, and it has been a real struggle to adjust to my "normal" life again.

I truly miss him, and the amazing time we spent together. It hurts.

I nearly booked a flight back to him yesterday, but money got in the way...

I try to focus on my next visit, but I don't know when it'll be possible to meet him again.

So yes. I completely understand you. But we must keep in mind it will be worth it in the end. *hug*

Oh God, definitely!! A little more heart-wrenching was when we missed saying good bye to each other at the airport on our first time meeting... (crazy story haha) The weeks that followed that was disastrous~ My sleeping and eating habits were messed up, I felt like crying for no reason (literally bursting into tears when I hear songs that we listened together or something that reminded me of our time together.)

It doesn't get easier after saying good bye again and again... and, we can't see each other regularly (only once a year) but, we regularly talk about these kind of things and talking about the future lessens the loneliness and longing. :)

• 3 weeks later...
HeavenOrHell

Why are you posting in an LDR thread then, if you're not in one? This thread is for people who miss their SO's in an LDR. The clue is in the name of the forum; 'Long-Distance Relationships.'

Because I see her every day.

Kaffeline.. i feel for you. I have just come back from visiting mine for the weekend and this time it was harder for us to say goodbye.. which to us, means that our feelings are growing deeper. I cried a little on the plane (we only live 1.40hr flight away, but the thing is, with his career, i do not know when I will be seeing him again and it makes me sad. We can all very well schedule our visits, but the last visit had to be rescheduled due to him having to work extra shifts to cover dr's who were sick. This is the life i have entered and this is what i want.

He knows I miss him. But i save my tears and being miserable for my mum and best friend and i remain strong and encouraging for him to see, although deep down he knows i can struggle with the distance and never knowing when i'll see him and/or hear from him. We plan to close the distance later on this year.

I feel for you and understand your feelings. Keep strong and keep smiling. Power to all of us in LDR :) :)

I see my boyfriend every six weeks or so but I miss him something awful. I hate waking up and not seeing him there. I hate not being able to just go over to his house when I have a bad day. I hate the distance basically.

I would do anything to close it but it doesn't look like it's in the cards right now.

Even though I'm seeing him in 24 days I miss him a lot today. It's hard, I just try to push through my work day, and look forward to talking to him later.

It gets harder and harder every time he leaves. Impossibly hard.