My BF is a liar...

My boyfriend's friend, who I am best friends with as well, told me that he still has a picture of his ex topless on his computer. I asked him about a couple things he told me that I felt like he lied about, my friend told me they were definitely lies. They weren't very major. He's lied about how many girlfriends he's had, how far he's gone, I showed him a picture of me that I told him not to show anyone and made him promise not to show, and his friend told me that he showed him, and some other things that aren't THAT bad. But still, my boyfriend has promised me that he hasn't lied about these things, and now I'm questioning his faithfulness. I wouldn't be mad about these things if he was just honest. But since I'm told he's broken promises, I'm really upset. Should I be upset or should I let it go? I don't know what to do. But this is driving me crazy.

First off I'd make sure his friend didn't have some ulterior motive for getting you to believe that your boyfriend is a horrible liar. Secondly, if your boyfriend is showing others private pictures meant just for him to his friends then he sounds extremely immature.

You've never met your BF, right? Have you ever met your "best friend" (although I am not sure how his best friend can be your best friend, at the same time??)?

I am a lot older than you, I think, and I would have a hard time trusting a guy that I have only met online. As a word of warning - I would most definitely NOT be sending any sort of pictures nor doing anything that I would not be happy for my father or grandmother to see; this is the year 2011 and this si the internet. There has been more than one person mortified/humiliated/fired/killed themselves over intimate photos or videos being passed around from person to person, after an untrustworthy person got hold of them.

You are going to have to make a decision to either trust your online BF, or not. You have no way to find out the truth, because you will have no way of judging his actions (as there are no actions to judge).

I will tell you one thing, though; if his XGF let him take/gave him a pic of her topless and if your best friend has seen it, then you already KNOW that you have a online boyfriend who has zero sense of propriety or boundariess or respect for his partners. What does that tell you about him?

I'm curious to know if you've met in real life yet too. It's far too easy for anyone to lie online. With that being said, your boyfriend sounds very immature. If he lies about little things, you'd have to wonder if he's telling the truth about things that really matter as well.

creighton0123

There was a movie that came out recently where a young man was talking to this girl he liked quite a bit online who had a solid facebook profile. He then began talking to other members of her family, including her mother, younger sister, etc. etc.

They would send packages back and forth and everything seemed awesome. The guy then decided to surprise this girl and her family by visiting. He showed up only to learn that they were all the same person.

Just sayin'

Anywho, if you've met one or both of them in person but are currently in an LDR, you may want to take a step back and realize this is a huge red flag and a sign of extreme immaturity.

In my book, open and honest communication is a must. If something sounds like a story to me, it most likely is a story.

There was a movie that came out recently where a young man was talking to this girl he liked quite a bit online who had a solid facebook profile. He then began talking to other members of her family, including her mother, younger sister, etc. etc.

They would send packages back and forth and everything seemed awesome. The guy then decided to surprise this girl and her family by visiting. He showed up only to learn that they were all the same person.

Just sayin'

Anywho, if you've met one or both of them in person but are currently in an LDR, you may want to take a step back and realize this is a huge red flag and a sign of extreme immaturity.

In my book, open and honest communication is a must. If something sounds like a story to me, it most likely is a story.

Creighton what movie was that? I kinda wanna see it.