How can I stop being so jealous and paranoid?

I'm always so jealous of any girl my boyfriend talks to you. It doesn't matter who it is, I'm jealous. Specifically the really pretty ones. Even if they have boyfriends, and my boyfriend and them are just talking friendly, I get really jealous. I know I'm a pretty insecure person. I've had a lot of boyfriends in the past who have cheated/been unfaithful to me and most of them were big liars/players. I even had one of my boyfriends break up with me because he said I was too fat. (at the time I was only 130, 5'4") I know I'm not fat, but I could stand to lose a few pounds. I feel terrible for getting jealous and paranoid because it always makes my boyfriend so upset. I don't want my stupid, childish insecurities to get in the way of our relationship. I don't want this to break us up. But I don't know how to stop it! I do trust him and believe the things he says. He's been completely faithful to me for the last 8 months and it's never wavered. But I can't help but get jealous and paranoid that one day, he'll randomly break up with me for someone better or cheat on me, or even flirt/talk to another girl like he does with me and just won't tell me. I know it's stupid, but how can I overcome this? I need to get over this, because if I don't I fear I'll lose him and I don't want that. Help?

Unfortunately, this is just something that you have to work on yourself. Don't let your past dictate your future; it sounds like you have a great guy. Not all guys will be like your exs and he can't possibly spend the entirety of your relationship proving that to you.

creighton0123

You're being really unfair to your boyfriend. You are dating him. He is not your previous boyfriends. He is not those men. To weigh and measure him as though actions of other guys reflect on him simply isn't fair.

I'd say that if you have the resources, you should meet with someone and spend a lengthy amount of time talking these issues out. Jealousy and paranoia are not good emotions in a relationship, especially when they are unjustly manifested.