Getting Ready...

I noticed alot of you have upcoming visits within the next couple of days/weeks. Assuming flights, hotels, etc. are all booked, what else are you guys doing to get ready for the big day?

I've mentally checked out at work already. Thankfully my SO and I holiday-shopped way too eary this year so that's all taken care of. I have a vague idea of what I'll be wearing to the airport and booked a nice outing for the New Year. :bunny:

nothing too much that is needed to prep myself. I just need to embrace myself for the near 24 hour flight and I have to remember to pack my bathing suit. It will be nice to get a break from this awful winter weather.:cool:

I'm doing loads of housework before he arrives, haha, not my strong point! We're going straight for a meal when he arrives as we'll be in the town he arrives in so it's convenient. I can't wait, a week to to go :)

crystle600188

I normally speak to him the entire night on the phone so I'll be able to sleep on the plane :). Also I guess simply the general excitement sends us straight back to that honeymoon phase, its really nice ^_^

Not much time or stuff to prepare, really. I will be working on the same day and flying a quick 3 hour flight to her. I probably have to prepare more alarm clocks since I have to wake up at 3 am for the flight. Sigh.

I'm so jealous of everyone who is going to go see their SO soon.

Right now I'm still waiting to hear back from the Canadian Consulate office on whether or not my visa got approved. In the meantime I've gotten boxes put aside for packing and hoping for me to get an approved visa as a late Christmas present. :D

• Author
nothing too much that is needed to prep myself. I just need to embrace myself for the near 24 hour flight and I have to remember to pack my bathing suit. It will be nice to get a break from this awful winter weather.:cool:

I hear 'ya about the cold. It's killing me too. I won't get a break from it but having an awesome distraction works just as well. :laugh:

Best of luck on that flight!

I'm doing loads of housework before he arrives, haha, not my strong point! We're going straight for a meal when he arrives as we'll be in the town he arrives in so it's convenient. I can't wait, a week to to go :)

I've started cleaning already too. I want everything to be perfect. Gave the car a good detailing too. :p

I am taking my last final ever in 2 hours. So far this week I have been concentrating on finishing up school, but in between I have done some house cleaning, laundry, and working as much as I can without it interfering with the study sessions. Starting tomorrow I am working until I leave on Tuesday to have some extra cash.

I can't wait until Tuesday. Wow, now that I think about it I think this is the first time (since I have been here) that so many posters are having a mass exodus to seeing their loved ones. That's very cool. :love:

That's what prompted me to start this thread, the holidays really do bring people together I suppose...it's awesome! Best of luck on those final exams. :)

One thing - massage oil.

Oooh lala ;)

I'm so jealous of everyone who is going to go see their SO soon.

Right now I'm still waiting to hear back from the Canadian Consulate office on whether or not my visa got approved. In the meantime I've gotten boxes put aside for packing and hoping for me to get an approved visa as a late Christmas present. :D

I have my fingers crossed for you!!! It'll definitely be worth the wait in the long run. We'll all be jealous of you next month I'm sure. :p

Good on you! I'm currently enjoying summer in this part of the world too. :laugh::o

Bikini wax...

I am enjoying not having to do anything this time around, just get myself to the airport. :bunny:

not doing anything? You waking up that early is task all in its own.:p

Bikini wax...

I am enjoying not having to do anything this time around, just get myself to the airport. :bunny:

Omg ouch lol.

For me my parents have offered to take my daughter for 1 week till after the new year so me and my so can have alone time.

Got a whole new wardrobe of new awesome clothes.

My favorite sexy perfume.

New undergarments.

Getting my hair done.

Nails done.

Heh when my SO comes I like to go all out and feel top knotch drop dead gorgeous.

Had my carpets cleaned, clean and re organized my house.

Also baking him a I love you cake.

So those are my preps. lol.

• Author
Omg ouch lol.

For me my parents have offered to take my daughter for 1 week till after the new year so me and my so can have alone time.

Got a whole new wardrobe of new awesome clothes.

My favorite sexy perfume.

New undergarments.

Getting my hair done.

Nails done.

Heh when my SO comes I like to go all out and feel top knotch drop dead gorgeous.

Had my carpets cleaned, clean and re organized my house.

Also baking him a I love you cake.

So those are my preps. lol.

You're going all out! :laugh:

I'm getting my hair/nails/eyebrows done next week. Gah, men can just wake up and look good. :p

You're going all out! :laugh:

I'm getting my hair/nails/eyebrows done next week. Gah, men can just wake up and look good. :p

I know what you men they always look good when they wake up! even if they smell like man when they wake up us ladies like that right?

Meanwhile in the middle of the night during a bathroom break I am brushing and mouth washing my teeth and putting on deodorant for that always wake up perfectness Lol.

My So doesn't really care what I wear ether but I always love getting new clothes when he comes so I feel nice...my SO always see's me in pajamas that's all I wear at home I cant stand daytime clothes at home!

Citizen Erased

Thankfully I continue the upkeep of not looking like a cavewoman regardless if he's around. Or it'd be scary. :laugh: I am getting my hair done, but it's the week I'd normally get it done anyway.

• Author
I know what you men they always look good when they wake up! even if they smell like man when they wake up us ladies like that right?

Meanwhile in the middle of the night during a bathroom break I am brushing and mouth washing my teeth and putting on deodorant for that always wake up perfectness Lol.

I know!!! My SO doesn't look like he just rolled out of bed when he wakes up, meanwhile I look like a truck hit me. I wake up early on purpose to get a quick shower and brush my teeth/hair. :lmao:

My So doesn't really care what I wear ether but I always love getting new clothes when he comes so I feel nice...my SO always see's me in pajamas that's all I wear at home I cant stand daytime clothes at home!

Ditto to this! I hate wearing anything but sweats when I'm home, but I make the effort for him when we're together.

He's a great reason to do a wardrobe overhaul, though! :laugh:

I knew we had come a long way in our relationship when I allowed him to see me without makeup. Of course the first night when we see each other I'll be all dolled up. Since I will be driving all night I'm seriously considering stopping at a rest stop a couple hours before I get to his place and putting on my make up there. I don't want him to see me with all-day makeup, I want the fresh look.

I tend to wear a decent amount of makeup at all times, so I was pretty apprehensive the first time I let my SO see me without any on too. Definitely a big step! :p

I think stopping is a good idea. I'll be getting to the airport super early to touch up. :laugh:

Thankfully I continue the upkeep of not looking like a cavewoman regardless if he's around. Or it'd be scary. :laugh: I am getting my hair done, but it's the week I'd normally get it done anyway.

Hahahaha same here, however appealing shaving my legs sounds every month or so. :lmao:

Citizen Erased

I'm glad, my sister lives about 10 minutes from Sydney Airport so I'll be staying there the night before. No getting up early and mad dash to the airport thankfully, I'll look much nicer the first time he sees me than the last two. Almost 24 hours of flying, it doesn't matter how much makeup you wear or if you go freshen up and do your hair, still look like crap.

Hahahaha same here, however appealing shaving my legs sounds every month or so. :lmao:

I have been having dreams about my SO coming I forget to shave my legs!

With any luck and some work I will be making preparations to visit him in Turkey next summer. I will probably have many questions about what will be (ıf I do go) my first ever international trip to anywhere. I did just recently get my US passport so that at least is out of the way.:)

I know I will have a fairly long flight from here to Turkey (about 17 hours, I know not near long as the flight Pyro has:laugh: but still) but I am going to dress for comfort but I do hope I can look decent for him:o

I think right now asıde from the hope that I do have a chance to go, there ıs a lıttle fear about the traveling itself. Its not even that İ am afraid to fly. I have not even flown domestically in about maybe almost 20 years? Let alone international and I know air travel has changed so much since then. Ive only read that its potentially very stressful now. More so than ıt has ever been. Though I suppose wıth careful preperation ıt should go smoothly. That on top of hoping I will have learned enough of the language by the time I go:)